1 Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie to satisfy your sweet tooth. Soft, chewy, buttery & filled with chocolate chips - it's big enough to share, but you definitely won't want to!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 14 minutes
Total Time 19 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar , lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons flour , 1/4 cup plus 1 extra tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla pudding mix , not cook n' serve (or substitute for 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3-4 tablespoons chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
In a small bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until combined. Or mix with a wooden spoon if butter is soft enough. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla and continue mixing. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Once combined, stir in the chocolate chips, leaving a few extra to sprinkle on top of your cookie.
Form the dough into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top, and baking for 12-14 minutes until the top is just set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before moving to a wire rack to continue cooking.