Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
Crispy, crunchy, chewy gooey - these chocolate Rice Krispie treats have a delicious milk chocolate, marshmallow flavor. They're the perfect twist on classic Rice Krispies.
Servings 9 very large pieces
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 oz milk chocolate, chopped* or ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- 4-5 cups Rice Krispies*
Lightly grease an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
Add the butter and marshmallows to a large saucepan over low heat.
Gently stir the mixture as the marshmallows and butter begin to melt.
Stir in the cocoa powder until it's combined.
When the marshmallows are about 80% melted, add in the chocolate and gently stir until melted and combined.
Once everything is melted, turn off the burner and stir in the cereal. I typically start with 3 cups, and then mix in 1 cup at a time.
Turn the cereal into the greased pan and gently press it down using a lightly greased hands (I spray them with non-stick cooking spray) or a lightly greased rubber spatula.
Let the bars sit and room temperature for 60 minutes, or until firm. Then slice into bars and store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate instead.
- I typically use 4 cups for gooier bars.
- Store rice krispie treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Do not store in the fridge, or otherwise they can get hard.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 1038IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 5mg