Creamy Lemon Pie
This delicious lemon pie has a creamy lemon filling and thick graham cracker crust. It's an easy recipe is made with a few simple ingredients and tastes delicious with whipped cream on top. Perfect for lemon lovers!
Servings 8 slices
- 2 cups graham crumbs*
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 ounces full-fat cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk (two 395 gram cans)*
- 4 large egg yolks discard the whites
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice*
In a medium bowl, stir together the graham crumbs and sugar.
Then stir in the melted butter a little at a time until it resembles damp sand. Depending on how finely crushed the graham crumbs are, you may need a little less or a little more butter.
Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave the oven turned on.
Either using a whisk or an electric mixer, whisk/beat the cream cheese until smooth and no lumps remain.
Mix in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
One at a time, whisk in the egg yolks.
Carefully, whisk in the fresh lemon juice.
Pour the filling into the baked crust and bake in the oven (still at 325F degrees) for 30-35 minutes, or until the top looks set and the pie has a slight wobble in the middle - similar to a bowl of jello.
Cool the pie fully at room temperature, then place in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- You can either crush graham crackers in a food processor, or buy graham crumbs from the baking aisle. Graham crumbs can also be substituted with crushed digestive biscuits.
- Make sure to use sweetened condensed milk and not evaporated milk.
- Lemon juice from a bottle is too sour for baking. Make sure to use freshly squeezed lemon juice. For 1 cup lemon juice you'll need 4-5 large lemons or 6-7 small lemons.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only and based on 1 slice, assuming the pie is cut into 8 equal pieces.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 293mg | Potassium: 458mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 61g | Vitamin A: 747IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 321mg | Iron: 1mg