Red Velvet Cookie for One
Make this red velvet cookie for one the next time you're craving something sweet. Chewy and a little gooey in the middle - it has the perfect red velvet flavor and tons of melty white chocolate.
Keyword Red Velvet Cookie for One, Sinlge Serving Red Velvet Cookie
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 14 minutes minutes
Total Time 19 minutes minutes
Servings 1 very large cookie
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (28 grams) melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar dark will work too
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk discard the white
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon red food coloring
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (47 grams) measured with a measuring spoon, level off the top
- 1 ½ teaspoons cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips or chunks, divided
Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a cookie tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking pan.
Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until combined.
Whisk in the egg yolk (be sure to only use the yolk), vanilla extract and red food coloring until smooth. It will look very bright at this point.
Whisk/stir in the flour, cocoa and baking soda until no lumps remain.
Stir in 2 tablespoons of white chocolate chips/chunks.
Form the dough into a ball and place on the lined cookie sheet. Or form into 2 balls and place 3 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes for one cookie, or about 10-12 minutes for 2 cookies, or until the top looks set.
Remove from the oven and place extra chocolate chips/chunks on top of the cookie for the perfect look.
- Red Food Coloring: The amount you use is up to you. For the photos, I often use a little more than ½ teaspoon for a very bright color. Liquid or gel will work.
- Nutrition: Details are an estimate only and based on the entire cookie, assuming that you make the dough into one cookie.
Calories: 806kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 254mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 259mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 958IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 3mg