These Fluffernutter Cookies have two soft and chewy peanut butter cookies and fluffy marshmallow frosting. You'll love the combination of sweet & salty.
Servings 24 cookies
For the Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 and ¾ cup all-purpose flour , spooned & leveled
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar , lightly packed
- 1 cup peanut butter , not natural or whipped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts , optional
For the Marshmallow Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar , sifted
- 1 7oz jar marshmallow cream
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream , if needed
Peanut Butter Cookies
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and linebaking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
First sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Then in a separate large bowl beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
Turn the mixer to low speed and beat in the flour mixture.
Form the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon in size and place at least 2 inches apart on your cookie sheet. Place a few chopped peanuts on the top of each cookie.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until the tops look just set. Allow the cookies to cool fully.
In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft. Then turn down the mixer to low speed and carefully mix in the powdered sugar.
Then with the mixer on medium speed beat in the marshmallow cream. If the mixture seems too thick, add in 1 tablespoon milk or cream
Frost the bottom of one cookie with the marshmallow frosting then place the second peanut butter cookie on top.