These strawberry cookies are soft, chewy, a little gooey and filled with chocolate chips. Only 5 ingredients and made with cake mix - so they're a quick and easy cookie recipe.
Servings 30 cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 oz cream cheese*
- 2 large eggs
- 18 oz box strawberry cake mix*
- ¾ cup chocolate chips semi-sweet, milk, dark, or white
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
In a large bowl beat together the butter, cream cheese and eggs.
Sift in the cake mix and beat everything together.
Turn off the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips.
Form the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon in size - I recommend using a cookie scoop. (If the dough seems too sticky you can place it in the fridge for 10-30 minutes).
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are just set. Optionally place a few extra chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
Cool the cookies on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Use full-fat, brick style cream cheese. Not lite, spreadable or whipped.
- A 15 oz box of cake mix will also work too.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Baked and cooled cookies can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months, then thaw in the fridge before enjoying.
- Nutrition information is based on 1 cookie, with the recipe yielding 30 cookies total.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 9mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 163IU | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg