Banana bread waffles are fluffy and soft with big banana bread flavor. They have a hint of cinnamon and brown sugar, and taste delicious drenched in maple syrup.
Banana Waffles – Perfect for Brunch
If you love banana bread – then making banana waffles should definitely be on your to-do list. They have all the flavor of your favorite banana bread recipe in fluffy, soft waffle form. You can add a few walnuts or chocolate chips too if that’s your style. But I love them plain & simple with a good drizzle of maple syrup.
The recipe is super easy and simple to make. First whisk together your dry ingredients. In a separate bowl stir together a little melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk. Then mix in the mashed bananas. Finally, fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture – and we’re ready to go.
This banana waffle recipe is definitely quick and easy, but there’s a few tips for perfect waffles:
- Use very ripe/brown bananas – they have more flavor.
- Be careful not to mix your batter too much. A few lumps are totally ok.
- Make sure your waffle iron is hot before pouring in the batter. Sometimes you’ll need to let it warm up again between batches.
- For crispier edges, cook the waffles for 1-2 minutes longer.
- After making the first batch – you can keep the waffles in the oven at 200F degrees to keep them warm before serving.
What I also love about these banana waffles is that they take way less time from start to finish than making banana bread. The batter comes together in about 10 minutes, but instead of taking almost an hour to bake like banana bread – you can cook the entire batch in under 15 minutes.
You’re going to seriously love these banana bread waffles because they’re fluffy, moist, have a hint of cinnamon & brown sugar, and delicious banana bread flavor. They’re perfect for breakfast with maple syrup and whipped cream – or make them for dessert with chocolate chips, caramel sauce & ice cream.
Seriously – these banana waffles are delicious.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk , buttermilk, 1% or 2%
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter , cooled
- 3/4 cup mashed bananas , about 2 medium bananas
Heat the waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and melted butter. Stir in the mashed bananas.
Gently fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, being careful not to over mix.
Lightly grease the waffle maker, and pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each waffle cavity. (Or follow waffle iron instructions)
Cook for 4-6 minutes or until the edges are golden.
Waffles are best if served the same day. Cooled waffles can be frozen and warmed in a toaster oven.