These cranberry white chocolate cookies are soft and chewy with slightly golden edges. The combination of white chocolate and dried cranberries is perfect for Christmas.
I don’t think you can ever have too many kinds of cookies. Especially Christmas cookies. So with that in mind – I’m sharing these Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies.
Because who can resist soft, chewy, white chocolate & cranberry filled cookies? And while these cookies are delicious anytime of year, they’re also so perfect for the holidays.
I bought a ginormous bag of dried cranberries a few weeks ago with the excuse that I’d need tons of cranberries for all the spinach salads I’d be eating. Well… I’ve definitely had a few salads. But after about a day of looking at the bag in my cupboard, I started dreaming about white chocolate cranberry cookies instead.
It was only a matter of time….. So cookies it was.
What Makes these Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies so Delicious?
- Slightly crispy edges
- Filled with white chocolate & tart cranberries
Have I convinced you to make them yet????
The recipe is super easy & straight forward. But I’m going to highlight a few key ingredients & steps that make these cranberry white chocolate cookies perfect.
- Make sure to use real butter for more flavor.
- We’re using light brown sugar for a delicious caramel flavor. If you don’t have any on hand use 1/2 cup dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar instead.
- Adding a little cornstarch to the batter keeps our cookies extra chewy.
- Then we’re adding just a little milk so the batter isn’t too dry.
- Finally, make sure to chill the dough before baking. If you don’t chill the dough, your cookies can spread too thin and burn.
Then after they’re done baking, I like to add a few more white chocolate chips and cranberries on the top for visual appeal. It gives that “please eat me” look. Plus, have you ever said no to extra chocolate chips?
So if you’re looking for an easy chocolate chip cookie recipe that’s also perfect for Christmas – then these soft cranberry white chocolate cookies are definitely the thing.
Or if you don’t love white chocolate, just replace it with dark or milk chocolate chips. Equally delicious.
Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp milk
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips , plus more for dotting on top
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries , plus more for dotting on top
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed carefully beat in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Then beat in the milk.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Form the dough into balls about 1.5 to 2 tablespoons in size. Put on a plate, cover with clingfilm and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.*
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment or silicone baking mats. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the tops look just set. Remove from the oven and optionally place a few extra chocolate chips and dried cranberries on the top of each cookie.