Sweet & salty Halloween Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark. Make this crowd favorite for a Halloween party or your next scary movie marathon!
I love Halloween!!!!! Movies, pumpkins, costumes, candy – what could be better?
Seriously, I’ve been singing C’est l’Halloween for the last month.
*Side note for Non-Canadians: Every child in English Canada sang this song in French class from about age 5 to 18. It translates to “It’s Halloween” – and is probably the most beloved Halloween song & thing you ever did in French class. Do you I remember my irregular verb tables – nope. Can I sing every word to C’est l’Halloween – you bet!!!!
Ok, onto the most important part of Halloween. THE TREATS! Every child’s dream and every parent & teacher’s nightmare on November 1st.
Luckily, I’m still in the child category.
The delicious treat we’re making today is Halloween Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark. Sweet & salty – it combines all your favorite flavors. Plus the peanut butter, chocolate and Reese’s Pieces give this bark the perfect colors for Halloween. Then to make it even better – it’s a no-fail, ready in 10 minutes type of recipe. So you’ll be eating delicious Halloween bark and watching scary movies in no time. Chocolate, peanut butter, Reese’s Pieces, pretzels…. Look at that deliciousness.
Now, my only tip for making bark is to use a type of chocolate that you truly enjoy eating. Milk, dark, semi-sweet, white – whatever you prefer. Normally in baking I recommend using dark chocolate, but for this recipe it’s really up to you. I’ve made this with milk & white chocolate, and both are totally delicious.
Oh – and don’t be afraid to be heavy handed with your pretzels and Reece’s Pieces. The measurements are really just an approximation.
This easy recipe is perfect for bringing to a Halloween party, or for sitting on the couch with a scary movie. Either way – it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 2 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, dark or white)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces
- hand full or more of pretzels
- On a baking sheet of about 9x13 inches in size, place a piece of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in short 30-45 second bursts stirring after each. Or melt on the stove top using a double boiler. Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and using a flat edge icing tool to spread the chocolate smooth. It won't take up the entire baking sheet - just spread to be about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a separate small bowl, melt the peanut butter chips with the oil in the microwave in short 30-45 second bursts stirring after each. Or melt on the stove top using a double boiler. Spoon into a small piping bag or into a ziplock bag and cut off the bottom edge. Pipe the melted peanut butter chips onto the first chocolate layer. Then scatter Reese's Pieces and pretzels over top.
- Allow to harden at room temperature. Then break or cut into pieces.
Adapted from Something Swanky