This healthy Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie tastes like dessert. It has all the flavors from your favorite cookies without the dairy, gluten or sugar!
Lately, I’ve been seeing some very adventurous smoothie recipes online. Now – I love myself a good smoothie, but typically I stick to the fruit varieties.
Apparently, I’m not very “on trend”.
To be 100% honest, I don’t have a problem with eating dessert for breakfast even though my skinny jeans might not approve. But after reading more and more smoothie recipes that sound like dessert & have a guilt-free ingredient list – my curiosity got the better of me.And I’m glad it did. Because seriously, this smoothie is delicious.
It has all the flavors that you love from delicious oatmeal cookies like vanilla & cinnamon, AND you get fibre in your smoothie from adding oatmeal. It actually tastes so much like oatmeal cookies, but there’s no ingredients to feel bad about. There’s no refined sugars, no dairy for those of us whose stomachs aren’t friends with lactose, and it’s gluten free. Plus, it’s ready in minutes so you can satisfy your cookie cravings without having to wait for butter to soften or dough to chill.
Tastes like cookies & totally guilt-free. I’ve learned my smoothie lesson this week.
This Oatmeal Cookie Smoothie tastes like your favorite oatmeal cookies but it completely healthy. Gluten free, dairy free & no refined sugars
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut sweetened or unsweetened
- 2 in medium-sized ripe bananas frozen and peeled (yellow color - not green or brown)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch nutmeg
- Place the rolled outs and coconut in your blender and process until oats are a fine powder (about 30 seconds). Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour & enjoy!