Fudgy, gooey Peanut Butter Caramel Blondies. Because with lots of peanut butter, Rolo candies and caramel sauce… you can’t go wrong!
I’ve been told I’ll loose my sweet tooth as I get older. And if that’s the sad reality, I’ll be thankful I made these Peanut Butter Caramel Blondies.
I’m fitting a lifetime of sugar into the next 10 years. And one AMAZING blondie. Peanut butter. Caramel. And Chocolate. All together. That pretty much ticks off every box for the most delicious dessert. They’re ridiculously soft & fudgy, packed with peanut butter flavor, stuffed with Rolo candies, and perfect for turning into a large Peanut Butter Caramel Blondie Sundae.
You’ll love the salty-sweet combo of peanut butter and ooey-gooey caramel. Then there’s a hint of chocolate from the Rolos; and with cold, creamy vanilla ice cream and drizzled in more caramel sauce – it’s dynamite
Some people might classify these blondies as the type of dessert for breaking up with your boyfriend. But I don’t reserve decadence for such infrequent events. (If so, I’d be 10lbs thinner & have no need for a gym pass). And since they’re so easy to make – there’s really nothing stopping you from all this deliciousness.
The blondies are also super dense & fudgy. Just how blondies should be. Using melted butter and keeping the flour to a minimum helps to up the chewiness. Then we’re skipping the mixer all together for the most fudgy consistency. When you use an electric mixer more air gets into the batter – which causes brownies and blondies to be more cake like. By gently folding in your ingredients using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon instead, we’re minimizing the amount of air that gets in the batter to create extra fudgy blondies. (Plus less clean up).
Literally, these come together in about 10 minute and you can make the batter in the same bowl or saucepan that you used to melt the butter. Extra easy. Extra delicious.
Being the piglet that I am – I served mine with ice cream and salted caramel sauce. Because more goo and more caramel is always a necessity. But I’d also happily scarf them down as a lunchbox treat.
So whether you’re a peanut butter lover, or craving caramel – just make these blondies. And do it now. So fudgy. So delicious. And so easy.
Peanut Butter Caramel Blondies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar , light or dark
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg ,room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , to taste
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini Rolo candies , or 1 cup roughly chopped large Rolo candies
- caramel sauce for serving
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminium foil leaving an overhang on each side and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper leaving an overhang on each side. If using parchment paper you won't need to spray the pan. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat, or melt in the microwave in a large microwave safe bowl. Allow the butter to cool for a few minutes.
- Using a large rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the sugar and vanilla. Ensuring that the mixture isn't too hot, stir in the egg and salt. Be careful that the butter isn't still hot - or you can scramble the egg. Then stir in the peanut butter until evenly combined. Then finally stir in the flour, followed by the mini Rolo candies.
- Pour/spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 18-22 minutes. The top should be just set when you remove it from the oven. For easier cutting, allow the bars to cool completely before removing from the pan and eating. If you'd like to eat the bars while still very warm and gooey - allow them to cool for about 10-15 minutes before cutting into them.
- Serve plain or with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.