Super fluffy, diner-style pancakes filled with Snickers bars. Because you can’t go wrong with pancakes and your favorite candy bar.
Two summers ago I went to Las Vegas and had the most delicious pancake.
It was the size of an 8 track record, super fluffy, had that delicious diner-style pancake taste, and was filled with pieces of Snickers bars. Being the greedy piglet that I am – I wanted to eat every bite. By the end I got too full and ate out all the Snickers pieces.
Maybe not one of my finer moments – but I’ve been dreaming about going back to Vegas for that pancake ever since.
Now, I realize that people have opposing views on Vegas. You either love it or think it’s the worst place in the world – and I totally understand both opinions. Yes, it’s crowded, full of drunk people and completely over the top. And yes, it also has AMAZING shows, shopping and entertainment. But no matter what side of the fence you’re on – Vegas has incredible food. And my Snickers pancake was a definite highlight of the trip.
Seriously, you’ll love these pancakes. I’ve eaten them for breakfast the past 2 weekends and they live up to everything I remembered. Fluffy, buttery, and filled with chocolate, peanuts & caramel – they’re pretty out of control delicious.
My only tips for making these pancakes are pretty straight forward:
- Ensure all your ingredients are at room temperature before making your pancakes.
- Place the Snickers bars in the fridge before using – this makes them much easier to cut up.
- Using buttermilk is preferable – but if you don’t have any you can make your own with milk & vinegar (see notes in the recipe)
- Be careful not to over mix your batter. Having some lumps in it is totally ok – this helps keep your pancakes fluffy.
- Devour and feel zero guilt.
You’ll be in love.
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour , spooned and leveled
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 2 Snickers bars cut into pieces
- Allow the melted butter, eggs & buttermilk to come to room temperature. Then in a medium bowl whisk them together with the vanilla. Set aside
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Carefully fold the wet ingredients into the dry until almost combined - having a few lumps in the batter is ok.
- Turn on an electric griddle to 350F degrees or heat a frying pan on the stove burner to medium heat. Grease the pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray or oil. Then pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the pan or griddle, spacing the pancakes a few inches apart. Place a few pieces of cut up Snickers on the top of each pancake. Once you start to see bubbles forming on the uncooked top (about 2-4 minutes), flip the pancakes over and continue cooking for another 2-4 minutes until both sides are golden brown.