These thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies have a delicious caramel flavor and perfectly golden edges. So addictive, and perfect for cookie stacking!
Everyone has their preference when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. Some people like their cookies thick and chewy, others fall in the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie camp (hi Dad), and some people – my boyfriend included – prefer thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies.
Hey… we’re all entitled to our own opinions. And seriously, are you honestly going to turn down a cookie? #didntthinkso
Now, I’ve made my fair share of chocolate chip cookies. So for everyone who loves their cookies thin and crispy with golden edges – today’s chocolate chip cookies are for you. They have a delicious caramel undertone, crispy golden edges, and you can eat 4 at a time like you would a can of Pringles. Because when you can eat a stack of cookies – why would you limit yourself at one????
Now, even if you typically opt for thick cookies (which is the cookie camp I wear my game-day jersey for), these are thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies are definitely worth trying. The caramel-butterscotch flavor and crispy edges are delicious. Plus – I found sprinkling a little salt on the tops made for a super tasty salty, sweet, crunchy, chewy combination.
How to Make Thin and Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
To make chocolate chip cookies that are paper thin and almost see through with crispy edges – there’s a few key things:
- A higher ratio of butter and sugar to flour.
- Using more white sugar than brown sugar.
- Adding a little corn syrup.
- Being careful not to add too much flour. I recommend using a scale or make sure to whisk your flour, or use the spoon & level technique.
- Baking at 375F degrees for crisper edges.
One of the best parts about making thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies is that you don’t have to chill the dough. So you can go from craving to warm cookies in no time – which is a definite win when comparing these cookies to their thick & chewy counterpart. No chill chocolate chip cookies – you’re looking delicious.
So if you love thin and crispy chocolate chip cookies – this recipe is for you! Crispy edges, paper thin & with a delicious caramel flavor.
Thin & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 and ¾ cup all-purpose flour , spooned & leveled
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter , melted & cooled
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 and ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Line 2 or 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda & salt - then set aside. In a separate large bowl using a stand or hand-held electric mixer, beat together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Then beat in the egg, vanilla & corn syrup (about another 30 seconds). Turn the mixer down to low speed and carefully beat in the flour about ½ at a time, followed by the milk. Then turn off the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips using a large rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon - scoop the cookie dough into balls about 1 tablespoon in size and drop at least 2 inches apart on your cookie tray. Your cookies will need to be far apart since they'll spread a lot. Then bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Other Cookies You’ll Love