In between a blondie & a cookie – these Triple Chip Cookie Bars are fudgy, chewy, filled with chocolate chips. Made in one bowl with no mixer, the batter only take 5 minutes to bake. If you like your chocolate chip cookies thick and super soft – then these are definitely for you!
The other day I decided to clean out my cupboard…. Which meant I stood on a chair to see what was hiding on the top shelf. To my surprise, I found an assortment of half-empty chocolate chip bags leftover from previous recipes.
Talk about jackpot. Dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, skor bits, semi-sweet chocolate chips – I was in heaven. And clearly, I had some baking to do.
After eating a few handfuls in deliberation, I decided this discovery called for making Triple Chip Cookie Bars. Chewy, fudgy & filled with chocolate chips – I should really clean my cupboards more often.
Seriously though, you’re going to love these bars. They’re somewhere in between a blondie & a cookie, ooze with melty chocolate chips & are just out of control delicious.
Not to mention, they’re also super easy to make, don’t use a mixer, and since they’re in bar form – you can pack them with a higher chocolate chip ratio than regular cookies. Finally, there’s no need to chill your dough! That’s right – there’s no waiting in anticipation for the dough to chill like when you make regular chocolate chip cookies.
Yup – they’re just that perfect. To make them all you need to do is melt some butter, whisk in your sugar, egg & vanilla. Then stir in your flour, followed by an assortment of delicious chocolate chips – and you’re done.
No sticky fingers from forming cooking dough balls & the batter is ready in about 10 minutes. Then pour it into a pan and pop it in the oven.
I used an assortment of semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips & white chocolate chips – but let your imagination run wild! Maybe peanut butter chips, M & Ms and chocolate chips? Dark chocolate, milk chocolate & white chocolate? White chocolate, butterscotch & rainbow chips? SO MANY OPTIONS!!!!!!
You just cleaned your cupboard and made something just ridiculously delicious. And hey, if you don’t have random half-eaten bags of chocolate chips – these triple chips cookie bars are totally worth the trip to the grocery store! No one is judging – so let’s get baking.
Triple Chip Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 large egg , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour , spooned and leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup assorted chocolate chips , I used a combo of semi-sweet, white chocolate and butterscotch)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized whisk together the butter and sugar. Then stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder & salt, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is set.
- Allow to cool, then cut into squares.