Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with peanuts. If you’re looking for a cookie recipe that’s big on peanut butter – then these chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are for you.
My love affair with peanut butter is no secret. It’s been my motivation to get out of bed in the morning. My afternoon snack. My birthday treat. My tidbit before bed.
And of course – it’s one of my favorite ingredients to bake with.
So when I was craving peanut butter and had a bag of lonely chocolate chips in the cabinet – these chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies were definitely the next logical step.
Because peanut butter +chocolate > peanut butter. And peanut butter + chocolate = utter bliss. Plus, I think they’re extra pretty and a little more fun than regular peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
What I absolutely love about these chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies (apart from the delicious flavor combo) is that:
- They’re perfectly soft & chewy
- Big peanut butter taste
- They look like they come out of a fancy bakery
- NO CHILLING!!!!!!!
You heard me correctly. There’s no need to chill your cookie dough in this recipe. Of course, if you want extra thick cookies, feel free. But they work just perfectly without chilling. So you can go from peanut butter craving to pure bliss in no time at all.
To get started, we simply beat together the peanut butter, butter, and sugars. Then the egg and vanilla are mixed in, followed by the dry ingredients.
I like to use a cookie scoop to form the dough into balls so that they’re uniform. Or feel free to just eye ball it.
The cookies will bake for 7-9 minutes, or until the tops are JUST set. (Think goldilocks here). And then once they’re cooled they’re ready for dunking in melty, creamy chocolate.
I used dark chocolate chips with just a little oil for that perfectly glossy, smooth texture. You can either melt the chocolate using a double boiler, or in the microwave. If you’re using the microwave method, just be careful to put the microwave on medium heat and only microwave for 30 second bursts then stir between each. This ensure that the chocolate melts instead of bakes.
Then you can dunk or drizzle the cookies in chocolate and shower with crushed peanuts. Seriously amazing.
These were the PERECT cookies to satisfy my peanut butter craving, and if you go crazy for a peanut butter cup – then you definitely need to try these chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies!
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cup chocolate chips , your favorite variety
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, peanut butter and sugars using an electric mixer until no lumps remain.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and carefully beat in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Form the dough into balls about 1.5-2 tablespoons in size and place at least 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops look just set.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler or in 30 second bursts in the microwave, stirring between each.
- Dip one half of each cookie with melted chocolate then sprinkle with chopped peanuts.