Crunchy, salty & sweet – these Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels are the perfect holiday treat. They’re so easy to make and you only need 3 ingredients. They’re delicious for snacking on while watching a Christmas movie, and they also make a great edible gift.
In October I was grocery shopping at Costco. In between the aisles of bulk cheese, TVs and snow shovels – all of a sudden I came across Christmas treats. And sitting there, in the most ginormous bulk bags – were chocolate peppermint pretzels.
I hadn’t even bought Halloween candy yet (I can’t be trusted with it in the house). But it was as if the Christmas candy gods were smiling down on me and gifting the most delicious salty, sweet, crunchy, peppermint snack.
So naturally, I became fixated on making chocolate peppermint pretzels. Probably the easiest, most delicious Christmas candy out there. Because:
- 3 ingredients
- 5 minutes
- And no candy thermometer
Make Fiona one happy baker. Not to mention the completely addicting, snack-able nature of these pretzels.
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
It’s actually almost embarrassing how easy it is to make your own chocolate peppermint pretzels.
- Melt the chocolate. You can either do this in short bursts in the microwave, or using a double boiler over low heat on the stove.
- Dip pretzels in chocolate. You can use a fancy chocolate dipper candy tool, or the tines of a fork.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
Ta dah! You’re all done.
You can use whatever variety of chocolate is your favorite here – milk, dark, semi-sweet, white chocolate. I can attest to the fact that they’re all completely delicious.
These chocolate peppermint pretzels are perfect for when you’re watching Christmas movies, having a holiday party, or wrapping presents. And they also make a perfect gift.
(Dear friends and family – you may or may not be receiving a jar of these…..)
So if you’re looking for a delicious salty/sweet holiday treat that’s super easy to make and completely delicious – these chocolate peppermint pretzels definitely fit the bill.
Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
- 4-5 large candy canes
- 18 oz chocolate , your favorite
- 4 oz pretzels
- Place candy canes in a ziploc bag. Crush the candy canes using a rolling pin.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30 second bursts in the microwave. Remove from the microwave and stir between each.
- Dip pretzels in the melted chocolate. Use a fork to flip it over. Then remove the pretzel using a fork and shake off excess chocolate.
- Place the pretzel on your baking sheet and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Repeat the process with the rest of the pretzels.
Leave a Reply