If you love cookie dough then you need to try this edible cookie dough. It’s made without eggs and no raw flour, so it’s completely safe to eat. Plus it’s a quick and easy recipe that comes together in no time. So get out your spoon and pour yourself a cold glass of milk – because this eggless cookie dough is delicious.
I seriously think my favorite part about making chocolate chip cookies is tasting the cookie dough. It’s indulgent, it’s decadent, it’s delicious. And this edible cookie dough recipe tastes just like your favorite cookies. Plus – it’s delicious on a spoon, with brownies, mixed into ice cream, on top of a chocolate chip cookie – the possibilities are endless.
Is Cookie Dough Safe to Eat?
We all know that cookie dough isn’t normally safe to eat – at least not in large quantities. When I was a kid my Dad used to tell us we’d get salmonella, or that the dough would rise in our bellies and cause a stomach ache. He’s definitely not a food scientist – but eating cookie dough is normally a big no-no.
Raw eggs have a small chance of potentially giving you Salmonella. But even though it’s a small risk – it’s definitely not worth the risk.
Eating uncooked flour also isn’t a good idea because uncooked flour can contain E. Coli. By heating/cooking the flour, you kill the bacteria. You can either bake the flour on a cookie sheet at 350F for 10 minutes or microwave it for 60 seconds (or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F).
How to Make Cookie Dough without Eggs
This cookie dough is made without eggs and with no raw flour – so it’s completely safe to eat.
- First – you need to heat the flour so that it’s safe to eat. You can either do this in the oven or in the microwave.
- Mix together the butter and sugars. You can either do this using an electric mixer or fork.
- Then mix in the milk and a little vanilla extract. The milk ensures that the cookie dough tastes fluffy, creamy & not too thick.
- Mix in the flour along with a little salt.
- Then stir in the chocolate chips.
From there, it’s time to dig in. Personally – my favorite way to enjoy this cookie dough is from the bowl with a spoon. If you don’t finish all of the cookie dough in one sitting, you can pop it in the fridge to enjoy later. Or feel free to half the recipe for a smaller batch.
So to recap – this edible cookie dough recipe is:
- Egg free & with no raw flour
- Completely safe to eat
- Takes under 10 minutes to make
- Super decadent
- Tastes exactly like the dough from your favorite chocolate chip cookies
If you love this eggless cookie dough, then try these other chocolate chip cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Thin & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips , I used a combo of mini chocolate chips & large chocolate chips
In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and sugars until soft.
Mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
In a small bowl, heat the flour in the microwave for 45-60 seconds or until the internal temperature is 160F degrees.*
Mix the flour into the butter mixture, then stir in the chocolate chips.
*Or heat the flour in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and spread the flour onto a cookie sheet. Bake the flour in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
**Store leftovers in the fridge.