Cold, creamy Dark Chocolate Raspberry Frozen Yogurt. With no refined sugars & made without an ice cream maker, this no-churn frozen yogurt is the perfect way to cool off!
Sometimes I have an issue with wants vs. needs. Like, do I want tickets to see Britney Spears in Vegas? Obvs. Do I need to spend copious amounts of money on a weekend trip to the desert?
Probably not Clearly the best financial decision.
See what I mean????
So when the Venn Diagram of Wants vs. Needs can overlap…. it’s a good day.
And this Dark Chocolate Raspberry Frozen Yogurt is the perfect example of what I mean. Delicious, cold, creamy frozen yogurt with a bold flavor and no refined sugars or ingredients to feel bad about. It’s like winning a free trip to Vegas and somehow your liver comes out unharmed at the end.
But actually. It’s perfection.
The frozen yogurt is thick & creamy because we’re using Greek yogurt as the base. I find Greek yogurt provides a luxurious texture that’s far more reminiscent of ice cream. Plus… protein. Then there’s a healthy dose of raspberries that gives a bold raspberry flavor and the prettiest pink color.
Then it’s sweetened with honey, so there’s no refined sugars.One of my favorite parts of this recipe is that it comes together in no time and you don’t need an ice cream maker. The yogurt, raspberries & honey are put in the food processor then blended until smooth. Probably 5 minutes total.
Then we’re stirring in flecks of dark chocolate. I recommend chopping the dark chocolate very finely because as much as I love large chunks of chocolate, they get very hard when frozen. So smaller flecks are easier for munching on.
At this point – it’ll be softer in texture than what you’d buy at the frozen yogurt shop. So we’ll scoop it into a tupperware container and put it in the freezer to harden. I recommend about 4 hours.
Then it’s time to dig in, cool off & feel zero guilt. So there’s nothing stopping you from delicious raspberry frozen yogurt.
- 1 and 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 3 and 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 100 g dark chocolate , finely chopped (4 oz)
- Place the Greek yogurt, frozen raspberries and honey in a food processor. Blend until smooth and no raspberry chunks remain (about 4-5 minutes).
- Pour the yogurt into a tupperware container, and stir in the finely chopped dark chocolate using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Seal tightly and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours, or until hardened.
- Before eating, let soften slightly before spooning into dishes.