This eggnog fudge is smooth, creamy & tastes like Christmas. With a hint of nutmeg and creamy eggnog flavor – it makes the perfect gift too!
Every year over Christmas I go on a bit of an eggnog binge. Not necessarily drinking eggnog – but baking with eggnog. The creamy, nutmeg deliciousness is just too perfect.
Plus, when something’s only available for 6 weeks of the year – you definitely need to take full advantage.
So this year, I’m sharing with you this delicious, easy eggnog fudge. It’s creamy, smooth, sweet & filled with eggnog flavor. Plus…. can you really go wrong with fudge over the holidays?
How to Make Eggnog Fudge
For this recipe – we start off by melting together butter, sugar and eggnog. Make sure to use real butter (margarine won’t work for making this fudge recipe), and full fat prepared eggnog. Reduced fat eggnog isn’t thick enough for making fudge. And while homemade eggnog is delicious – it doesn’t always have the same properties as prepared eggnog. So I can’t guarantee this recipe will still work.
Then after everything is melted, bring it to a boil for 8-10 minutes, or until the soft ball stage is reached. A candy thermometer will read 234F degrees , or if you drop a spoonful in a glass of ice cold water, it’ll form into a soft ball.
Then remove the pan from the heat, allow it to cool for a few minutes, and pour it over a bowl of chopped white chocolate. Then beat in 1 jar of marshmallow cream, ground nutmeg, and rum extract.
The mixture then gets poured into the prepared pan, and it goes in the fridge to chill.
I love this eggnog fudge because it’s creamy, sweet, and has that delicious nutmeg flavor that’s so quintessential for Christmas. It’s definitely rich in flavor – but if you love eggnog, then this eggnog fudge is definitely for you.
And if eggnog is your thing – then definitely make sure to check out these other eggnog treats!
- 12 oz white chocolate , chopped (I do not recommend chocolate chips)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup eggnog , not reduced fat
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 7 oz jar marshmallow cream
- Line an 8x8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl place the chopped white chocolate.
- In a medium pan over medium heat melt together the butter, sugar and eggnog.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil while stirring constantly to avoid burning until it reaches 234F degrees with a candy thermometer. (About 8-10 minutes boiling).
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the eggnog mixture over the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate is gently melted.
- Then using an electric mixer beat in nutmeg, rum extract and marshmallow cream.
- Pour into the prepared pan and chill in the fridge for 4 hours.
Leave a Reply