Take your blondies to the next level by stuffing them with Golden Oreos! These easy bars are chewy, soft, easy to make, and completely decadent.
If you love over the top desserts, but don’t feel like chocolate, then these Golden Oreo blondies are just the thing. They’re the vanilla version of my Oreo brownies – but they’re the farthest thing from vanilla (if you get my drift). They’re dense, chewy, and moist with a delicious hint of brown sugar and tons of white chocolate chips. Then in the middle, you’ll find a layer of Golden Oreos for extra sweetness and a little extra texture. Because sometimes it’s good to be extra.
Decadent Golden Oreo Blondies
This recipe is based on my favorite blondies. However, because we need the blondies extra thick to stuff them with cookies – the recipe is adjusted slightly. It’s an easy, one-bowl kind of deal, and you don’t need to dirty your electric mixer either.
If we want to talk ingredients – there are a few key ones here to ensure the blondies are dense, chewy and moist.
- Melted butter. Not only does using butter (as opposed to oil) provide more flavor, but melted butter gives a denser, chewier texture.
- Brown sugar adds a delicious caramel flavor, plus extra chew because it has more moisture.
- Lots of vanilla.
- An extra egg yolk for a denser, more chewy texture.
- Just the right amount of flour to hold the blondies together, but ensure they aren’t too dry.
- Note that we aren’t using any baking soda or baking powder in our blondies. These ingredients help baked goods rise and have a lighter texture. But since we want our blondies to be dense and chewy, we’re leaving them out.
I also stirred in some white chocolate chips to up the deliciousness factor. But you could totally leave them out, or even stir in ½ cup sprinkles for a funfetti Golden Oreo blondie. I just recommend using jimmies (the cylinder-shaped ones) as opposed to nonpareils (the little round balls aka ‘100s of 1000s’) because they tend to bleed less color.
Then to assemble your blondies, you’ll spoon about ½ of the batter into the bottom of a lined 8×8 inch pan. Then add a layer of Golden Oreos (you’ll need 4 rows of 4 cookies) and lightly press them down. Then spoon the remaining batter over top, and spread it down.
Pro Tip: When lining the pan, always leave an overhang around the edges. This way, once the bars have fully cooled, you can lift them out of the pan and slice on a cutting board. When using parchment paper for brownies and bars, lightly spray the bottom of the pan, then place the parchment paper down. This helps “glue” the parchment paper to the pan so that it doesn’t move around as you spread the blondie batter down. Note that you aren’t greasing the parchment paper, but you’re greasing the between the pan and the paper
The bake time is long because the blondies are very thick. They’ll bake for 40-50 minutes in the preheated oven, and when they’re done the top should look set and an inserted toothpick will come out clean or with a few damp crumbs. If you look around the edges of the pan, you should see the blondies starting to come away from the sides. Then let the blondies cool fully before cutting into them (about 4 hours total). This is absolutely mandatory for clean cuts and to ensure the blondies hold together.
I’m obsessed with these Golden Oreo blondies because of the delicious buttery flavor, Oreos inside, and tons of white chocolate. And when you love the texture of brownies, but don’t feel like chocolate -they’re the perfect recipe.
More Oreo Recipes to Love:
- Oreo Brownies
- Cookie Dough Oreo Brownies – AKA Slutty Brownies
- Peanut Butter Slutty Brownies
Golden Oreo Blondies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk discard the white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 16 Golden Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly spray the bottom of the pan with non-stick cooking spray,* then line with parchment paper leaving an overhang around the sides.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until the sugar is fully incorporated (about 1 minute).
- Whisk in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in the flour and salt.
- Gently stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon half of the batter into the bottom of the pan, then spread to cover the bottom.
- Place a layer of golden Oreos on top (4 rows of 4 cookies).
- Spoon the rest of the batter over top, and gently spread the batter over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is set and the sides are starting to pull away from the sides of the pan and an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with a few damp crumbs.
- Cool fully in the pan (about 4 hours). Then pull the bars out of the pan using the overhang of the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut with a large, sharp knife.
- You could also line the pan with aluminum foil, and lightly grease the aluminum foil.
- Bake time will vary depending on your oven. Using a glass pan will increase the bake time by 5-10 minutes.
- Store blondies in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature.
Do you use light brown or dark brown sugar?
Either is fine! I think I used light when I photographed the recipe