With a layer of chewy peanut butter cookie dough, Oreo cookies, and fudgy brownie batter on top – there’s nothing more decadent or delicious than these peanut butter slutty brownies!
Remember those cookie dough Oreo brownies that took the internet by storm a few years ago? I have my own version of slutty brownies that are pretty incredible. But since I can never say no to anything peanut butter, it was really only a matter of time before I made a peanut butter slutty brownies. Just like the original, they have 3 layers of deliciousness: cookie dough on the bottom, Oreos in the middle, and brownie on top. But instead of using chocolate chip cookie dough on the bottom – this time it’s peanut butter cookie dough.
They’re chewy, peanut buttery, perfectly fudgy, and yes, very over the top.
Peanut Butter Slutty Brownies
The recipe starts by making the peanut butter cookie dough. The recipe is based on my peanut butter blondies recipe with a few small tweaks:
- A little less peanut butter so they still have lots of peanut butter flavor without being too rich
- Brown sugar so they’re extra chewy. But a little bit less – since there’s plenty of sugar in the brownies as well.
- And a little higher ratio of flour so that they have enough support for the cookies and brownie batter on top.
I didn’t add any chocolate chips to the peanut butter layer because I figured they were rich enough – but you could add in 1 ¼ cup if you really want to go all out.
The peanut butter cookie dough gets spread/flattened into the bottom of the pan. Then gently press a layer of Oreo cookies on top. I used 24 total – 6 rows of 4 cookies. I used regular Oreo cookies, but if you can find peanut butter Oreos, they work perfectly too.
The brownie batter on top is fudgy, chewy, and not too rich. It’s made from scratch, then gets poured on top of the Oreo layer filling in all the gaps between the cookies. If you really want to use box mix brownies, feel free. Just ensure that your brownie mix is for a 9×13 inch (23×33 cm), and make the mix according to the package instructions.
Pro Tip: The brownies will need to bake for around 50 minutes. I usually first test around 45 minutes just in case, but sometimes they bake for as long as 55 minutes. When they’re done, an inserted toothpick should come out clean or with damp crumbs. Slightly gooey is ok (if that’s how you like your brownies) – but it shouldn’t be wet).
These slutty peanut butter brownies are:
- peanut buttery
- and just plain over-the-top delicious.
If you’re a peanut butter cookie lover and ready for a serious sugar rush – then let’s get baking!
And if You Love These Brownies, be Sure to Try:
- Slutty Brownies – the original with chocolate chip cookie dough on the bottom
- Oreo Stuffed Brownies
- Peanut Butter Brownies – these have peanut butter in the brownie batter and peanut butter chips
Peanut Butter Slutty Brownies
Peanut Butter Layer
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter melted
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 24 Oreo cookies
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate* chopped
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) degrees.
- Line a 9x13 inch (22 x 33 cm) pan with parchment so the bottom and sides are covered.
Peanut Butter Cookie Layer
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, peanut butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared 9x13 inch pan and spread smooth so that the bottom is covered. Use your hands to press it down as needed. You can use a lightly greased piece of wax paper to make this easier if needed.
- Place the Oreo cookies on top of the peanut butter cookie dough, making 6 rows of 4 cookies.
- Add the butter and chopped chocolate to a large heatproof bowl.
- Microwave on medium power for 45 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth.
- Cool for a few minutes, then whisk in the sugar followed by the eggs.
- Gently fold in the cocoa powder, flour, and salt.
- Pour the brownie batter over the Oreo cookie layer.
Baking and Cooling
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few damp crumbs. I typically recommend checking around 45 minutes just in case.*
- Remove from the oven and cool the brownies in the pan for at least 4 hours, or until completely cooled.
- Remove from the pan by lifting up the sides of the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and slice.
I’ve been looking for a great recipe for my next office bake-off, and I think this is it!! These brownies look incredible!!
Just made these but skipped the Oreos and did Reese Cups instead! SO SO SO GOOD!!! The soft peanut butter layer pulls it all together SO beautifully!!! Taking them into work tomorrow (I work at a hospital) and I know they are going to be devoured!!!
Wow! These were incredible when I made them the first time. It’s relatively easy to make and I’m only 12. It took me a bit longer to bake – a little over an hour but they turned out delicious! They got devoured in a couple hours. A couple questions:
1. Do you recommend chilling the peanut butter dough while we’re making the brownie batter or can we leave it in room temperature?
2. Can I make brown butter for the dough? Will it make a positive difference in taste?
3. Can I make this brownie batter by itself? It’s the best part of the recipe but I wasn’t sure if the measurements would make a classic sized brownie.
Once again thank you! These were delicious and I can’t wait to make them again <3