Flourless, dairy-free, no oil & no refined sugars. This easy recipe for Guilt Free Double Chocolate Muffins satisfies even the strongest chocolate craving!
Even when I’m desperately trying to be healthy – I need my chocolate fix. I can’t stop myself. I just need a tasty delicious chocolate baked good. So, after the success of my Healthy Peanut Butter Muffins – I decided it was time to make another skinny, chocolate-filled recipe. Because apparently I have the self control of a 5 year old on Christmas morning.
Guilt Free Chocolate Muffins it is.
Wait, what??? Double Chocolate? Guilt Free? Those words don’t go together.
Oh…. but they do. These muffins satisfy your worst (best???) chocolate craving without sacrificing all your hard work on that stair climber.
Now these muffins don’t disappoint. Double chocolate. Peanut butter. Banana. In muffin form. So much deliciousness. Then they’re flourless, dairy free, sugar free & have no butter or oil. Pretty much like eating a kale salad. Really, it would be bad for your health if you didn’t eat 5.
What’s also fantastic is that they’re made in your blender, so they come together in about 5 minutes and there’s no fancy baking techniques. No fancy Martha Stewart here.
What I also love about this recipe is that you don’t need any weird ingredients. Everything is wholesome, natural, and you likely already have it in your kitchen.
Let’s go through the ingredients here: peanut butter, bananas, eggs, honey, oats, cocoa & almond milk. (Ok, there’s a few other things in there too – but these are the main ones). The peanut butter gives delicious peanut buttery goodness, plus adds structure to your muffins. The banana makes your muffins soft and moist, along with adding sweetness with the honey. The oats are ground in a blender or food processor first, and give your muffins the perfect muffin consistency despite not using flour. Then obviously some cocoa for chocolate, and if you’re like me – you can add in chocolate chips too! (Because you obviously deserve to treat yourself after making healthy muffins).
So much deliciousness. So little effort. Zero guilt.
Guilt Free Double Chocolate Muffins
- 1 cups and ½ oats
- 2 ripe medium-large bananas not green
- ⅔ cups peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup to ½ honey depending on how sweet you like them
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cups chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a a muffin pan with muffin papers or grease and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor blend the oats until they're a fine powder. If using the blender, empty out the oats into a bowl. Add the bananas, peanut butter, eggs and honey and blend until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients except for the the chocolate chips and continue blending until a thick batter is formed. Turn off the blender and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity with about ⅓ cup batter. I got 12 muffins in total. Bake in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and continue cooling on a wire rack.
I made these for a morning meeting and everyone loved them! They definitely satisfied my chocolate cravings without making me feel like I just ate a cupcake.
The perfect way for chocolate in the AM – So glad everyone liked them!
Made these for the first time and absolutely love them! Didn’t have chocolate chips so I did some without and some with pecans, both were great! Even my boyfriend (picky eater) and mom (only eats healthy/clean) loved them. The only thing that was a bit difficult was getting everything to blend nicely in the magic bullet, but it’s blender problem and not a recipe problem. These will still become one of my main baking recipes cause its sooo worth it! Highly, highly recommend!