Love lemon? Then try these easy lemon cake mix cookies. They’re extra soft with a delicious hint of lemon and white chocolate chips.
I love anything with lemon. And these lemon cookies are the perfect easy recipe to get your citrus fix. They’re a little gooey and extra thick with a bright sunshine-y lemon flavor and sweet white chocolate chips. Plus – you only need 5 ingredients to go from cookie craving to warm, fresh out of the oven, lemon cookie goodness.
The idea for these cookies actually came a few weeks ago after I posted my recipe for strawberry cookies. They’re made from cake mix, filled with semi-sweet chocolate chips, and completely delicious. Within a few days I heard from a reader that she wanted to make the recipe, but the grocery store was out of strawberry cake mix. So she turned the recipe into lemon cookies and added white chocolate chips instead.
Well that sounded absolutely delicious to me. So trying out these lemon cake mix cookies was definitely in order. Thank you Kristen!
Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
Ok – let’s get to work with these cookies. And by work, I’m talking like 5 minutes to make the batter.
- First beat together butter, cream cheese and 2 eggs.
- Then mix in the lemon cake mix. If it looks like the box is pretty lumpy – you can sift the cake mix first.
- Then stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon in size and drop on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, and add a few extra chocolate chips on the top of each cookie.
The dough for these cookies is definitely sticky, so I really recommend using a cookie scoop if you have one. If not, I’d pop the dough in the fridge for about 15-30 minutes first so it’s a little easier to work with and your fingers won’t be quite so messy.
If you love your cookies extra lemony – you can also add 1 tbsp on lemon zest to the batter. I’ve done both, and they’re equally delicious.
These lemon cake mix cookies have such soft texture, delicious hint of lemon, and lots of white chocolate. It’s such an easy recipe – and you’re looking for a cookie recipe that’s just a little different but still super easy to make – then these lemon cookies are definitely for you.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter , softened
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 box lemon cake mix , 515g or 18 oz
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and cream cheese. Then beat in the eggs.
- Sift the cake mix into the bowl.
- Carefully beat everything together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough into tablespoons 2 inches apart on a lined cookie sheet.**
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until the tops look set. Optionally, place a few extra chocolate chips on the top of each cookie.
If you love lemon, make sure to try these other favorites: