This extra creamy no-bake pumpkin cheesecake has a delicious pumpkin spice flavor and cinnamon graham cracker crust. It’s way easier to make than traditional cheesecake – and perfect for fall or Thanksgiving!
*This recipe was originally posted August 2018 and updated August 2019 with improved photos and more tips & tricks for making the perfect cheesecake*
If you’re looking for an easy, pumpkin dessert that will wow your guests, then this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake is just the thing. It’s extra creamy, velvety smooth, and surprisingly light in texture.
To be totally honest, I always opt for pumpkin cheesecake over pumpkin pie. I’m not an expert at making pie crust, and I think the warm spices and pumpkin flavor taste absolutely delicious with the smooth, creamy, tanginess of cheesecake.
But since I know making a traditional baked cheesecake can be a little overwhelming (and time-consuming) – I decided to make a no-bake version.
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
This no-bake pumpkin cheesecake is super easy to make. There are just 2 components to the recipe – the cinnamon graham cracker crust, and the cheesecake filling.
Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crust
The graham cracker crust is made with graham crumbs, a little brown sugar, just a hint of cinnamon & melted butter. You can either buy graham crumbs in the baking aisle of the grocery store or buy graham crackers and blitz them in your food processor (or by hand). Digestive biscuits also work great too.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
Then it’s time to get on with the creamy pumpkin cheesecake. It’s made without gelatin – which I totally love – and is oh so smooth.
Before getting started, blot the pumpkin puree with a paper towel and squeeze out the excess liquid. This step is super important because if too much liquid gets into the cheesecake, it can have a hard time setting.
Then to make the filling:
- Beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form.
- Then in a separate bowl beat the cream cheese until soft. Then mix in the sugars and pumpkin spices.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Then gently fold in the whipped cream. The key here is gentle. You want to keep the volume of the whipped cream so that the cheesecake stays light and fluffy.
The creamy pumpkin cheesecake goodness then gets spread over top of the crust and then it goes into the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours (or preferably overnight).
Tips for Making this Pumpkin Cheesecake
- I recommend using a 9-inch springform pan. A 10-inch springform pan will also work too.
- Make sure to use full fat, brick-style cream cheese. If you use other cream cheese types – it may not set properly.
- If you prefer cool whip instead of whipped cream, feel free to use it instead. Measure out 1 cup, and fold it into the pumpkin mixture at the end.
- Make sure to use 100% pure pumpkin and not premade pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has a bunch of other ingredients that we don’t need in it.
- If your cheesecake doesn’t seem to be firming up enough, place it in the freezer.
- On that same note – this cheesecake freezes well. Then thaw it in the fridge.
This pumpkin no-bake cheesecake is the perfect combo of creamy cheesecake goodness and pumpkin pie. Plus – it’s perfect for Thanksgiving because it doesn’t even take up any oven space.
For other pumpkin desserts, try these other favorites:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
- Pumpkin Cranberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham crumbs
- 2 tabelspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 2 cups pumpkin puree , or use a 15oz can
- 2/3 cup heavy cream , 33% MF or more
- 24 oz cream cheese , use brick-style, full-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice , or make your own - see recipe notes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl stir together the graham crumbs, sugar & cinnamon. Then stir in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place in the freezer as you make the filling.
- Blot the pumpkin with a paper towel and squeeze out the excess liquid. I do this many times to remove as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl beat the cream cheese until soft. Then beat in the sugars and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Take the crust out of the freezer. Spoon the cheesecake mixture over top and spread the top smooth.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours.**
- When ready to serve, trace a very thin sharp knife around the edges of the pan, then unclamp the springform.
- Top with whipped cream, slice into pieces & serve.