This extra creamy no bake pumpkin cheesecake has a delicious pumpkin spice flavor and cinnamon graham cracker crust. It’s way easier to make than traditional cheesecake – and perfect for fall or Thanksgiving!
If you’re looking for an easy, pumpkin dessert that’s always a showstopper – then this no bake pumpkin cheesecake is just the thing. It’s extra creamy with a luxurious velvety texture and a delicious pumpkin pie flavor.
To be totally honest, I always opt for pumpkin cheesecake over pumpkin pie. I’m not an expert at making pie crust, and I think the warm spices and pumpkin flavor taste absolutely delicious with the smooth, creamy, tanginess of cheesecake.
But since I know making a traditional baked cheesecake can be a little overwhelming (and time-consuming) – I decided to make a no-bake version.
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
This no bake pumpkin cheesecake is super to make. The graham cracker crust is made with graham crumbs, a little brown sugar, just a hint of cinnamon & melted butter. If you’d like the crust to be a little more stable/sturdy you can bake it for 10 minutes at 350F degrees.
Then it’s time to get on with the creamy pumpkin cheesecake. It’s made without gelatin – which I totally love – and is oh so smooth. First, we beat the whip cream until stiff peaks form. Then in a separate bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugars, and pumpkin spices. And then we mix in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
Last but not least – the whipped cream that you made earlier gets folded into the mixture. The creamy pumpkin cheesecake goodness then gets spread over top of the crust and then it goes into the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours (or preferably overnight). Tips for Making this Pumpkin Cheesecake
- I recommend using a 9 inch spring form pan. A 10 inch springform pan will also work too.
- Make sure to use full fat, brick style cream cheese. If you use other cream cheese types – it may not set properly.
- If you prefer cool whip instead of whipped cream, feel free to use it instead. Measure out 1 cup, and fold it into the pumpkin mixture at the end.
- Make sure to use 100% pure pumpkin and not premade pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has a bunch of other ingredients that we don’t need in it.
- If your cheesecake doesn’t seem to be firming up enough, place it in the freezer.
- On that same note – this cheesecake freezes well. Then thaw it in the fridge.
This pumpkin no bake cheesecake is the perfect combo of creamy cheesecake goodness and pumpkin pie. Plus – it’s perfect for Thanksgiving because it doesn’t even take up any oven space.
For other pumpkin desserts, try these other favorites:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
- Pumpkin Cranberry Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups graham crumbs
- 2 tabelspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup heavy cream , 33% MF or more
- 24 oz cream cheese , use brick-style, full-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pumpkin puree , or use a 15oz can
In a medium bowl stir together the graham crumbs, sugar & cinnamon. Then stir in the melted butter.
Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Place in the freezer to firm up.
In a large bowl beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
In a separate large bowl beat the cream cheese until soft. Then beat in the sugars and spices.
Mix in the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
Gently fold in the whipped cream.
Take the crust out of the freezer. Pour the cheesecake mixture over top and spread the top smooth.
Place in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours.**
When ready to serve, trace a very thin sharp knife around the edges, then unclamp the springform.
Top with whipped cream, slice into pieces & serve.
*If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, replace with 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves & 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
**If your cheesecake doesn't seem to be firming up enough, place in the freezer.