Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars are smooth, creamy and filled with fall spices. The graham cracker crust has a hint of cinnamon, then top them with a little whipped cream for the perfect fall dessert.
If you love super creamy cheesecake, and delicious pumpkin desserts – then these pumpkin cheesecake bars are definitely for you. The graham cracker crust has a little hint of cinnamon and brown sugar. Then the cheesecake layer is filled with warm spices, delicious pumpkin, and has a velvety smooth texture that’ll make you be asking for a second piece.
Now – I absolutely love cheesecake. And when pumpkin season comes around – there’s nothing that makes me happier than a slice of pumpkin cheesecake. Because shouldn’t every season be commemorated with cheesecake? I also find that the pumpkin flavor compliments the tanginess of the cream cheese so perfectly. So you really can’t go wrong with these beauties.
Cheesecake Bars = Cheesecake for a Crowd
These pumpkin cheesecake bars make a whole lot of cheesecake. It’s also a great option because since the cheesecake has to chill in the fridge, you can easily make it the day before serving (and it’s actually tastier that way). Making cheesecake bars is also a great option because unlike a round cheesecake – you don’t need a springform pan, and there’s no water bath involved. Instead, the cheesecake is made in a 9×13 inch pan. You could half the recipe and make it in an 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan. The bake time will be similar.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Make sure all the ingredients are room temperature before getting started
- Adding sour cream makes the cheesecake extra smooth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or 2 tablespoons of flour) to help prevent cracks
- Use pure pumpkin – not pumpkin pie filling
- Be careful not to over bake the cheesecake, it should still have a little wobble in it when you remove it from the oven
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving, or preferably overnight
Smooth, creamy, delicious pumpkin cheesecake – every time. If you’re having a lot of people over for Thanksgiving, these pumpkin cheesecake bars are the perfect thing. Or if you’re looking for a pumpkin dessert other than pie, then I definitely recommend making these.
Looking for a no-bake version? Try this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake instead. Or for more pumpkin desserts be sure to try:
- Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham crumbs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice see recipe notes for how to make your own
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 24 oz cream cheese* softened
- 2 cups pumpkin puree or use a 15 oz can
- ¼ cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 325F degrees.
- Line a 9x13 inch glass baking pan with aluminum foil so that it hangs over the sides and lightly grease
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium bowl stir together the graham crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar & cinnamon.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack for the crust to cool.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- In a medium bowl stir together the sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and cornstarch
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until soft. Then beat in the sugar mixture.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- With the mixer on low beat in the sour cream, pumpkin puree & vanilla extract.
- Mix in the eggs 1 at a time until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until theres just a slight wobble in the middle of the cheesecake.
- Turn off the oven and open the oven door. Cool the cheesecake in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes.
- Then remove from the oven and continue cooling to room temperature. Cover the pan, and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, use the aluminum foil to lift the cheesecake bars out of the pan and place on a cutting board.
- Slice into pieces and serve with whipped cream.
This is absolutely delicious! It is now my go-to cheesecake recipe for Thanksgiving. Even my picky family loved it!! So glad to have found this one. Thank you for sharing.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Happy Thanksgiving!
We love this recipe!!! So many compliments and people asking for more!
Have you ever tried making them in a cupcake tin so they would be individual options? I would like to experiment with that..
I am gad I found your website. I love cheese cake and I am definitely going to try the Pecan Cheesecake and Pumpkin cheesecake. I make cheesecake and pumpkin pie. I appreciate the detailed step-by-step instructions and photos.
looks great I made a pumpkin cheesecake instead of pie because it was just me and hubby thanks to covid and I put walnuts in the grand cracker and it was great I like this because of the pan want to make something for work and not have yo use the springform and get a correct cook time
This was so good! Easy to follow the recipe and good pumpkin to cheesecake flavor!