If you’re looking for the perfect Oreo cheesecake recipe – then look no further. With a crunchy Oreo cookie crust, smooth and creamy cheesecake, and tons of Oreo pieces – this cheesecake is an Oreo lover’s dream come true.
Smooth, creamy, completely decadent Oreo Cheesecake. It’s an easy cheesecake recipe – and I’m including all my favorite tips for the perfect baked Oreo cheesecake every time.
Seriously though – Do you love Oreos as I do? As in can’t be left alone with a box in the cupboard. What about cheesecake? Smooth, tangy, creamy, dreamy cheesecake? Well if your answer to either of the following (or both) was a big yes – then this Oreo cheesecake is definitely for you.
It has a crunchy Oreo cookie crust. Then the most delicious vanilla cheesecake filled with Oreo pieces. Then for even more Oreo deliciousness – I topped it with whipped cream and more crushed Oreos.
Talk about a whole lot of a very good thing.
Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
Because making cheesecake can sometimes be a little intimidating – I’ve included lots of tips on making this recipe. You can also just skip down to the actual recipe by clicking here .
For the Oreo cookie crust, crush full Oreo cookies (wafers and filling) either in a food processor or a ziploc bag with a rolling pin. Then the crushed cookies are mixed with melted butter and pressed into the bottom of a springform pan.
Then bake the crust for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. This makes the crust a little crunchier which I absolutely love.
For the Oreo cheesecake first beat the cream cheese til it’s smooth. Then mix in the sugar, sour cream and cornstarch. Adding a little cornstarch helps to bind the batter together and therefore minimizes the chance of cracks.
Then with the mixer on low and slow, carefully beat in the eggs. When adding the eggs – you only need to mix them til they’re just combined. Last but not least, gently fold in chopped Oreo cookies.
For this cheesecake recipe – I highly, highly recommend using a water bath method. This keeps moisture in, reduces the chances of the cheesecake cracking, and makes for the smoothest, creamiest texture.
First wrap the outside of the springform pan with aluminium foil so that the bottom and sides are covered. Wrap the pan at least 3 times so that no sides are showing. This is to ensure that water doesn’t leak into the cheesecake.
Then when the cheesecake is ready to bake, place the springform pan into the middle of a large roasting pan and pour about 1/2 inch of boiling water into the roasting pan. The whole thing gets placed in the oven and we’re ready to bake. You can see the whole contraption below with my cheesecake just after it was baked and I removed it from the oven.
This Oreo cheesecake recipe is really easy (I promise – you can do it), but here’s my most important tips for the perfect cheesecake:
- Make sure that your cream cheese is soft before getting started.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter once you add in the eggs.
- Bake the cheesecake in a water bath to keep moisture in & reduce the chance of cracking.
- Cool the cheesecake slowly – first cool in the the water bath, then remove the cheesecake from the water bath and continue cooling until the pan has fully cooled.
- Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. This makes the cheesecake flavor & texture even better.
With these easy tips – you’ll end up with the most deliciously smooth & creamy Oreo cheesecake that perfect for all those Oreo lovers out there. Seriously – I had a massive piece at 10 am and have never looked back.
If you love Oreos, make sure to try these other favorites:
- 22 Oreo Cookies
- 4 tbsp butter , melted
- 24 oz cream cheese , well softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 15 Oreo cookies , chopped
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 6 Oreo cookies chopped
Oreo Cookie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and position the oven wrack to about 1/3 from the bottom.
- Wrap the outside of 9 inch springform pan with aluminium foil so that the bottom and sides are covered (at least 3 times). Lightly grease the inside of the pan.
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor then mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of the springform pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until well softened.
- Then beat in the sugar, vanilla extract, cornstarch and sour cream.
- With the mixer on low speed mix in the eggs until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Place the springform pan with the cheesecake crust in a large roasting pan and pour 1/2 to 1 inch of boiling water into the roasting pan.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the springform pan on top of the crust.
- Place the water bath in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the top looks just set except for in the very middle and if you give the pan a gently nudge there's a slight wobble in the middle of the cheesecake.
- Cool at room temperature until the water in the water bath is lukewarm. Then remove the cheesecake from the roasting pan and continue cooling until the sides of the sprinform pan is room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form and decorate using piping bag (I used a 1M tip). Sprinkle with chopped cookies.