Fudgy brownies stuffed with Oreo cookies, and topped with fluffy marshmallow frosting and more Oreo cookies. Yup – these Marshmallow Oreo Brownies are just that AMAZING! I’ve made my fair share of decadent desserts. But I think today’s recipe takes the cake (err…. brownie) for the most over the top, outrageous recipe ever posted on Just So Tasty.
Marshmallow. Oreo. Brownies.
We’re starting with fudgy chocolate brownies, stuffing them with Oreo cookies, topping them with fluffy marshmallow frosting & adding even more Oreo cookies.
If you’ve ever had the Brownie Earthquake from Dairy Queen – these are basically that. But 100% brownie.
And 1000% delicious. (Have I convinced you they’re worth the calories yet????)
The recipe starts with one bowl brownies. They’re made with oil and cocoa so they have a rich chocolate flavor & dense texture. Then we’re using minimal flour to keep our brownies extra fudgy. You can make the brownie batter in a total of 5 minutes, so it’s no more
Half the brownie mixture is spread onto the bottom of the pan, then a layer of Oreo cookies, and then the rest of the brownie batter is poured over top.
Then after the brownies are baked and cooled it’s time for the marshmallow frosting. It’s a fluffy cloud of marshmallow heaven, and I’ve come to the realization that I think it’s more delicious than regular buttercream.
To make the marshmallow frosting, we simply:
- Beat together some butter and powdered sugar.
- Then whip in some marshmallow cream.
- And if the batter is too thick, a little milk or whipping cream gets added in too.
It takes a total of about 5 minutes til pure marshmallow bliss. You’ll notice I used a pretty thick layer of marshmallow frosting on top of the brownies – and no one complained….
Then the brownies are topped with more Oreo cookies and it’s time to dig in. Seriously fudgy. Serious Oreo overload. And seriously…. you need to make these marshmallow Oreo brownies asap.
For more Oreo treats, try these other favorites too:
Marshmallow Oreo Brownies
For the Brownies
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar , packed
- ¾ cup cocoa powder , I used dutch processed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 16 Oreo cookies
For the Marshmallow Frosting
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar , sifted
- ½ cup marshmallow cream
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream , optional
- 8 Oreo cookies , crushed
Make the Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with aluminium foil and grease with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the oil and sugars. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir together the rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Then stir in the cocoa powder, salt and vanilla extract. When the mixture is no longer hot, whisk in the eggs. Then finally stir in the flour using your rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spoon about ½ of the batter into the prepared pan, then place a layer of the 16 Oreo cookies over top. Then spoon the leftover brownie batter over the cookies and spread it evenly over top. If you aren't able to completely cover the cookies, it's ok.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-24 minutes, or until the top looks set and the sides are just pulling away. Allow to cool fully in the pan.
- Once the brownies are fully cooled, make the frosting. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the butter and powdered sugar using an electric mixer on low speed. Once combined, turn the mixer to medium-speed and beat until fluffy. Then beat in the marshmallow cream. If the mixture is too thick, beat in 1 tablespoon of milk or cream
- Remove the brownies from the pan by lifting them out by the foil. Then frost with the marshmallow frosting using a flat-edge knife and top with the additional crushed Oreo cookies.
Wow! All my favourites in one!
Mrs Major Hoff
These sound so good! Can’t wait to try these and the nutella brownies!
Let me know what you think! 🙂