Super easy and super delicious homemade Peanut Butter Granola Bars topped with Reese’s Pieces.
This weekend Jay is away at a hockey tournament. He’s coaching a team of 15-year old boys this winter, and while my hockey knowledge hasn’t improved yet…. I’ve realized a few things
- I know nothing about hockey
- Coaches swear a lot
- I’m very glad I was never a 15-year old boy
- I hate cold rinks (ok… I knew this before)
So clearly, I’d be a fantastic hockey parent 😐
But I did make treats to redeem myself. Peanut Butter Granola Bars with Reese’s Pieces in fact. I’m not sure if anyone got them apart from the coaches… but I tried.
These granola bars are definitely child & coach approved. (Although, you don’t need to be a child or coach to make them). They’re full of big peanut butter flavor and perfectly chewy. Plus you’ll get fibre from the rolled oats and protein from the peanut butter. So they’re a delicious snack that keeps you full.
Apart from being even tastier than store-bought granola bars, you’ll also love how easy they are to make. All the ingredients are things you likely have around the house, and you can substitute the Reese’s Pieces for chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chopped peanuts or your favorite candy.
To make them, you’ll simply melt some peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and butter in a heavy saucepan, then allow it to come to a slow boil for a few minutes. You want all the sugar to melt so there’s no crystals or sugar lumps remaining. Then mix a little vanilla, followed by oats & Rice Krispies. Press into your prepared pan, top with Reese’s – and you’re done.
No baking. No fancy ingredients. And just plain delicious.
These no bake peanut butter granola bars are super chewy and packed with peanut butter. S
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cups and 1/2 Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (if using crunchy use 1 full cup)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Reese's Pieces
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving about 2 inches of overhang on each side.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and Rice Krispies. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, honey and butter over medium-low heat. Allow the mixture to melt while stirring - it should come to a very slow boil and the sugar should dissolve. Continue stirring slowly while the mixture boils for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into bowl with the oats and Rice Krispies and stir to combine. Once the oats and Rice Krispies are fully coated, press the mixture into the prepared pan until tightly packed. Sprinkle the Reese's Pieces on top and press them in firmly.
- Allow the bars to harden in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes or in the fridge for 1 hour. Once hardened, cut into bars.