Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies – salty, sweet, chewy, crunchy goodness in cookie form. These cookies have it all!
My Mom used to tell me that you can’t be all things to all people. She was 100% right. You can’t please everyone.
But when it comes to cookies – these peanut butter pretzel chocolate chip cookies just might be everything anyone could ever want.
- Peanut Butter-y
- Chocolate Chip Goodness
Yeah… pretty incredible.
So while there’s no such thing as a perfect person. The perfect cookie definitely exists.
These peanut butter pretzel chocolate chip cookies start with the softest, chewiest peanut butter cookie recipe. They’re thick, pudgy and stuffed with so much peanut butter goodness. Plus, we’re using brown sugar for more flavor and a chewier texture.
Then we’re filling our cookies with crushed pretzels AND chocolate chips. If you’ve never had chocolate covered pretzels – the combo is life changing.
Make the cookie dough is super straight forward to.
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar.
- Then mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- The flour and baking soda are mixed in.
- And finally we stir in all the peanut pretzel chocolate chip goodness.
Then form the dough into balls about 1.5-2 tablespoons in size, and then gently press a mini pretzel on top of each cookie. Here’s what mine looked like.
Then here’s the kicker – we need to chill the dough in the fridge for at least an hour before baking. Set the dough balls on a plate, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge. You can also keep the dough balls in the fridge for up to 2 days. Or at this point put them in ziploc bag and pop them in the freezer to bake later.
The preheat your oven, and it’s 8-10 minutes until the magic happens. AKA you take your first bite of cookie.
So if you love salty, sweet goodness – and are looking for a cookie that’s got it all – then these peanut butter pretzel chocolate chip cookies are definitely for you.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅔ cup chopped pretzels
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 24 mini pretzels
- In a medium bowl beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly beat in the flour and baking soda.
- Turn off the mixer and stir in the chopped pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls about 1.5 tablespoons in size, then gently press a pretzel into the top of each dough ball.
- Place on a tray, cover in cling film, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 48 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Take the cookie dough balls out of the fridge and place 2 inches apart on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the tops look just set.