These chocolate chip almond butter cookies are soft and chewy with a delicious hint of cinnamon. They’re naturally gluten free and are a healthy cookie recipe that everyone will love.
I absolutely love baking and sweet treats. No shocker there. But no one can eat 100% sugar 100% of the time. And after all the desserts, cookies & candies over Christmas – my body could use a bit of a reboot.
And that’s where these chocolate chip almond butter cookies come in. They’re so flavorful, ridiculously soft & chewy, naturally gluten free, and refined sugar free (depending on the dark chocolate chips or cocoa nibs you use).
I’ve made other gluten free cookies before – like these flourless peanut butter cookies – but these almond butter cookies just might be my new favorite healthier cookie recipe.
They taste like cinnamon chocolate almonds in fudgy cookie form. And what’s even better is that these gluten free cookies are actually super easy to make.
- In a small bowl stir together the almond butter, coconut palm sugar, 1 egg and vanilla extract.
- Then mix in a little baking soda and cinnamon.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips or cocoa nibs.
- Form the dough into balls, and you’re ready to bake.
I like to add a little coarse salt to the top of each cookie for a salty/sweet combo – but that’s totally optional.
If you want to make these into vegan almond butter chocolate chip cookies by replacing the egg with a flax egg. Just mix 1 tablespoon of flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of water and mix together.
Here’s why you’re going to love these chocolate chip almond butter cookies:
- An easy, 1 bowl recipe
- Soft and chewy
- With a hint of cinnamon & dark chocolate
- Gluten free
- No refined sugars
- From start to finish – they only take 30 minutes to make
- Optionally vegan
- Just plain delicious
And despite the fact that these chocolate chip almond butter cookies are a healthier alternative, they definitely satisfied my cookie cravings. Plus, almonds = protein. And protein makes you strong. (I think that’s how it works at least…..)
Clearly, I’m not a nutritionist – but these cookies are definitely tasty.
Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter , well stirred
- ⅔ cup palm sugar
- 1 large egg , or 1 tablespoon flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips ,or cocoa nibs
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl stir together the almond butter, palm sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda and cinnamon. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form into balls about 1 to 1.5 tablespoons in size. Place 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Optionally, sprinkle the tops with a little coarse salt.
These are soooo good! I only used 1/2 cup sugar to cut down a few calories and they were still absolutely delicious! THANK YOU