The perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Soft, chewy, thick & filled with melty chocolate chips – these cookies are completely addictive!
Dear Diary. Today I made the perfect chocolate chip cookies. Crazy soft, super chewy, just the right level of thickness, ultra buttery, oozing with chocolate chips – My life is complete.
Ok. I’m being dramatic. But chocolate chip cookies are important. They’re a staple for a reason – a pillar of my childhood, my diet & my sanity. So I have to have the perfect recipe.
To be completely honest, I always get nervous making chocolate chip cookies. I know it seems silly, but I find it stressful because everyone already has their favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe – and there’s A LOT of competition for delicious CCCs.
But I decided to tackle my fear. I had to create the ULTIMATE chocolate chip cookies. The kind where you eat the whole batch but don’t care because they’re so good chocolate chip cookie.
And when you make these cookies – you’ll have chocolate chip cookie perfection too. There’s a few key elements – but the recipe is super simple.
So what makes these cookies so fantastic?
- Butter. Real butter. You can’t get that rich buttery taste and perfect texture without it. In this recipe you’ll use melted butter to make your cookies extra chewy. :+1
- To up the chewy softness even more, you’ll use a higher ratio of brown sugar to white.
- Just the right amount of flour. Too much flour and your cookies are dry and hard, but not enough flour and you end up with flat, spreading, crispy cookies. This recipe is just right!
- Pudding. The first time I put pudding mix in cookies, I thought I was cheating. But after realizing how deliciously soft & chewy it makes your cookies – you’ll be converted. Go on – Be a Rebel!!!!
- Then chill your dough. After forming the dough into balls, chill it in the fridge for at least 3 hours. The waiting is super hard – but it makes your cookies thick and defends against evil cookie spreading.
- Last but not least – under bake! Under baking your cookies keep them super soft and buttery. The tops should be just starting to set when you take them out of the oven. They’ll continue baking as they cool on the tray – so they don’t need to look fully cooked when you take them out of the oven.
Ok, that sounds like lots of instructions – but I promise this recipe is chocolate chip cookie perfection. Chewy, soft, butter, chocolate chip filled cookies are on the way!
Ultra chewy, soft, thick, buttery & oozing with chocolate chips - these chocolate chip cookies are perfection. Adding vanilla pudding mix to these cookies, and chilling the dough makes them extra thick & chewy.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark - whatever you prefer)
- In a large bowl with a stand or hand held mixer on medium-low speed, mix together the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and continue beating for about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, pudding, baking soda, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter & sugar mixture on low speed until combined. Turn off the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips using a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Form the dough into balls of approximately 2 tablespoons each - I got 28 total. Cover and leave to chill for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Place cookies two inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Bake for 8-10 minutes until tops are just set. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes on the baking tray and continue cooling on a wire rack.
Love chocolate chip cookies? Check out these other favorites:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake. It’s a GIANT, extra chewy chocolate chip cookie decorated with chocolate frosting.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Because adding a little peanut butter is always a good thing.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. These are soooooo soft and chewy, AND the most popular cookie recipe on the blog.