If you’re looking for the perfect fall breakfast – look no further. These fluffy pumpkin pancakes are filled with cinnamon, vanilla, a hint of brown sugar, and of course – lots of pumpkin.
This fall I’ve become obsessed with pumpkin recipes. It’s a serious addiction – And I might be needing a 12 step program. Just saying….
It all started in August when my pumpkin spice cookies started taking off on Pinterest. I was still in full summer mode. But I decided making a batch or 2 of pumpkin cookies was totally ok.
Then I was hooked and started tumbling down the slippery slope of pumpkin deliciousness. So I made pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes. And pumpkin cheesecake bars. And pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting.
And the addiction just keeps getting stronger. So these making fluffy pumpkin pancakes was clearly the only logical step.
They’re filled with cinnamon and a delicious brown sugar caramel flavor. Then they’re soooo fluffy and perfect for stacking. And drenching with maple syrup of course.
To get started we first whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & spices. A healthy dose of pumpkin pie spice makes these so flavorful. You can either use pumpkin pie spice – or a combo of cinnamon, nutmeg & ground cloves.
Then we whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, vanilla, melted butter & brown sugar. Just make sure that you’re using 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling. When making pancakes, it’s a really good idea to have all your ingredients at room temperature first to avoid over mixing the batter. Because if pancakes are over mixed, they lose that perfect fluffy texture.
Then the dry ingredients get folded into the pumpkin mixture, and we’re ready to fry up some fall deliciousness.
These pumpkin pancakes are the perfect fall breakfast. Stack them up, add some whipped cream & drench them in maple syrup. Or they’re also AMAZING for dessert with ice cream and salted caramel sauce.
Or hey – have these pumpkin pancakes with a cup of coffee, and you’ve made your own pumpkin spice latte breakfast. However you
slice stack it, these pumpkin pancakes are delicious. Even if you don’t have a serious pumpkin addiction like me.
For more pumpkin breakfast ideas, try these other favorites:
Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs butter , melted & cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbs packed brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Heat a frying pan or electric griddle to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, milk and pumpkin puree.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Lightly grease the frying pan or griddle.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto the hot griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until you see small bubble form, then flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.