Soft, chewy, completely adorable Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies. These easy mini chocolate chip cookie bites are so easy to make and perfect for little hands.
There’s something about miniature desserts that make me so happy. Not only are they adorable, but they’re also perfect if you just want a bite of something delicious. Or you can eat 5 at a time without feeling guilty because they’re so mini.
So making mini chocolate chip cookies is clearly a good idea.
Last month I was lucky enough to spend lots of time with my sister and nephew. Since we live in different cities we don’t typically get to hang out much. But I recently spent a month in Seattle (where they live) while completing a yoga course.
We got to visit, take my nephew to the playground, enjoy all the Seattle foodie favorites (have you ever tried Top Pot Donuts or Cupcake Royale???), and genuinely enjoy seeing each other on a regular basis.
One afternoon when everyone was at work I decided to bake. There was a bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard and I wasn’t feeling particularly inspired – so chocolate chip cookies were the obvious choice.
But I decided to do something a little different and make mini chocolate chip cookies. Especially because they’re perfect for little hands and just the right size of cookie for my favorite nephew. (I’m not picking favorites – I only have one nephew).
But no matter what your age, these mini chocolate chip cookies are a hit.
- Soft & chewy
- Filled with chocolate chips
- Deliciously bite sized
- And ridiculously cute.
The recipe is also perfect because there’s no fancy ingredients, no mixer, and no need to chill the dough. So you can go from chocolate craving to mini chocolate chip cookies in no time.
For this chocolate chip cookie recipe we’re using melted butter so the cookies are extra soft and chewy. Then a combo of brown sugar and white sugar for more flavor and more chewiness. Plus a little cornstarch for extra softness.
Then for the perfect mini chocolate chip cookies we form them into balls about 1 tsp to 1.5 tsp in size. Mine took about 5 minutes to bake, but watch carefully since the cookies can go from soft to burnt quite quickly.
After they come out of the oven I like to dot the top of each cookie with a few extra chocolate chips – because I’m Type A and it makes the cookies look extra cute. Either way, these mini chocolate chip cookies will definitely be a hit, no matter what age you are.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips , divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl stir together the melted butter and sugars.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla until evenly mixed. (Make sure the butter isn't still warm before adding in the egg)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Form into balls about 1 -1.5 tsp in size and place 1 inch apart on the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until tops look just set. Start checking around 4 minutes to ensure they don't burn.
- As the cookies cool, place a few extra chocolate chips on the top of each cookie using the reserved 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
If you love these Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies – make sure to try these other favorite cookies:
- Soft Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Soft Batch Double Chocolate Cookies
- Thin & Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies