This chocolate chip cookie for one is a giant, soft and chewy cookie that’s filled with chocolate chips. It has crispy edges with a slightly gooey center. The perfect single serving cookie for whenever the craving hits!
**This recipe was updated August 17, 2021 with new photos and a slightly updated recipe.**
Why You’ll Love This Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie
This chocolate chip cookie is for those times when the cookie craving hits and nothing else will do. It’s absolutely massive with golden edges and a slightly gooey center. It’s filled with melty chocolate chips and has a delicious buttery, vanilla flavor. Sometimes I really want cookies and I can’t be bothered to spend the time making an entire batch or waiting for the dough to chill – and those are the times when this recipe is a true life save.
It’s big enough for sharing, but if you have it all to yourself, I’m not judging.
Ingredients You’ll Need
I love this recipe because it’s made with things you likely already have in your pantry:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter – salted is fine too
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar – The brown sugar adds so much flavor. I’ve used both light or dark before.
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk – make sure you only use the yolk, and not the whole egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract for the perfect flavor
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour – this is equivalent to ¼ cup plus 2 extra tablespoons
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, divided – you’ll use 3 tablespoons in the cookie and then use 1 extra tablespoon to dot a few extra chocolate chips on top of your cookie
How to Make A Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar with a fork. You want to whisk them together enough so that the butter doesn’t look separate.
- Then whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda until there are no lumps.
- Then stir in 3 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a ball (about ½ – 1 inch thick) and place on your lined cookie sheet.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for about 13-15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove the cookie tray from the oven and place a few extra chocolate chips on top of the cookie for that extra “eat-me” look.
Note: This cookie is extremely large. While I call it a chocolate chip cookie for one, it’s definitely big enough to share if you’re feeling generous. Alternatively, you can divide the dough in half and bake 2 large cookies. They bake time will be about 11-13 minutes at 350F.
In need of more late-night treats? Then don’t forget to try these other single, serving cookies and desserts:
- Double Chocolate Cookie for One
- Peanut Butter Cookie for One
- Vanilla Mug Cake
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug – this recipe is made in the microwave and takes even less time!
Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
- Cookie Sheet
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (28 grams) melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar packed, light or dark is fine
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk discard the white
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour (47 grams) equivalent to ¼ cup plus 2 extra tablespoons
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup chocolate chips divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C) degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until the butter no longer looks separate.
- Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Whisk in the flour and baking soda.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips. There will be 1 tablespoon remaining.
- Form the dough into a ball about ¾ - 1 inch thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the top looks golden brown. Remove from the oven and place a few extra chocolate chips on top of the warm cookie.
- Making 2 Cookies: Dough can be divided into 2 equal-sized cookie dough balls and baked for about 11-13 minutes at 350F.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Nutrition: Nutrition information is an estimate only and based on eating half the cookie.