These no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars are a home made version of your favorite peanut butter cups. With only 5 ingredients – they’re perfect for any peanut butter lover!
I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter – but a chocolate peanut butter cup is my ultimate favorite. Nothing can beat the delicious combo of salty, creamy, peanut butter chocolatey goodness.
Now, these chocolate peanut butter bars are a complete no brainer. First, they’re completely delicious. Second, you don’t need turn on your oven. And third – they only use 5 ingredients. What??? That’s right – these are probably the most delicious, easiest treat you’ll ever make.
Now, I truly believe that some of the best recipes are the simplest ones. They aren’t the ones with complicated names, 50 steps or expensive ingredients – they’re the recipes that taste delicious, are tied to great memories and always turn out perfectly. I make these every Christmas and they always disappear the fastest. (Yes, I know Christmas is 6 months away – but I had a hankering for chocolate & peanut butter).
Since you only need 5 ingredients – you may not even have to make an emergency grocery run when the craving hits. To get started, all you do is beat together some peanut butter, butter and sugars. The amount of sugar you use will depend on your brand of peanut butter and how sweet you like it – the mixture should be crumbly and definitely not spreadable. Then press the sandy mixture into the bottom of a lined 8 inch square pan. Make sure that you don’t use old fashioned, whipped or natural peanut butter because the oil in them can make your peanut butter layer separate.
Then melt your chocolate with a little butter and spread on top. Adding butter to the melted chocolate gives it a nice little shine (very professional) and makes your bars easier to cut. And… you’re done. Literally done. The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to harden. Then DIG IN!!!! I cut mine into 16 squares… but I’m sure there will come a day when I just use my fork 🙂
Peanut butter & chocolate. Chocolate & peanut butter. Three words have never sounded so delicious.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup peanut butter , such as Jiff or Skippy - not natural or old fashioned
- 3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar packed
- 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups icing sugar , depending on the brand of peanut butter and how sweet you like it
- 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips , milk, semi-sweet or dark
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand held or stand mixer, beat together the peanut butter, 3 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and icing sugar. Depending on your brand of peanut butter, you will need 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups of icing sugar. You mixture should be crumbly and sandy. Press the peanut butter mixture into your prepared pan.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of butter in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or in the microwave in short 30 second bursts. Pour over the peanut butter layer.
- Let sit to harden at room temperature until the chocolate is set. Remove from your pan and cut into 16 squares.
For more easy, peanut butter treats:
- 4 Ingredient Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- No Bake Rocky Road Bars
- Confetti Squares
- No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
What are your favorite chocolate peanut butter combos?