These No Bake Rocky Road Bars are the perfect easy recipe if you love peanut butter and chocolate. With only 5 ingredients – they’re crispy, crunchy & a little gooey since they’re filled with Rice Krispie cereal and mini marshmallows.
**This post was originally published December 8, 2017 and updated October 20, 2019 with new photos and recipe tips**
Chocolate, peanut butter, Rice Krispies and marshmallows make these easy rocky road bars impossible to resist. They’re kind of like a homemade chocolate bar, or a chocolate Rice Krispie treat. The cereal makes them a little crunchy, the marshmallows make them a little chewy, and the chocolate and peanut butter make them just a little gooey.
Plus – there’s only 5 ingredients and they’re completely no bake. So it’s also a super easy recipe.
How to Make No-Bake Rocky Road Bars
This recipe is super easy to make. Here’s what’s involved.
- Place 1/4 butter, 3/4 peanut butter, and 2 cups chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt in the microwave. Microwave for 1 minute intervals on medium power (not high or regular power), stirring in between each.
- Allow to cool slightly (this is so you don’t melt the marshmallows).
- Then stir in 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies and 3 cups mini marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into a lined pan, and chill in the fridge.
Seriously, the whole thing comes together in no time. You can also add in some chopped peanuts if you prefer, and you can always use crunchy peanut butter or smooth.
Pro Tip: Line the pan with parchment paper or aluminum and make sure to leave an overhang around the edges of the pan. This way, after the bars have set you can easily lift them out of the pan and cut into bars.
Either way, these no bake rocky road squares are such a delicious treat that take almost no time to make.
I like making these over Christmas time because I can easily make a batch while other things are cooking in the oven. Plus, since it only uses one bowl – there are way less dishes.
So if you love peanut butter and chocolate – these no-bake rocky road squares are definitely for you.
If you love no-bake treats – make sure to try these other no-bake favorites:
- Confetti Squares
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Confetti Squares
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
No Bake Rocky Road Bars
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 2 cups chocolate chips milk or semi-sweet or a combination of milk and dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Leave an overhang around the edges.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 45-second intervals on medium power, stirring between each interval until everything is melted.
- Stir until the mixture is evenly mixed together and allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies and marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spread into the corners of the pan.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours or until set.
- Lift the bars out of the pan using the overhang from the parchment paper or aluminum foil. Cut into squares and serve.