These No Bake Rocky Road Squares are the perfect easy recipe if you love peanut butter and chocolate. With only 5 ingredients – they’re crispy, crunchy & gooey thanks to using Rice Krispie cereal and mini marshmallows.
I absolutely love no bake desserts. And when there’s chocolate and peanut butter involved – it’s bound to be a total winner. These rocky road squares are crunchy, chewy, a little gooey and filled with chocolate peanut butter goodness.
You’re going to love them.
Lately my recipe for Confetti Squares has been going pretty crazy. They’re also known as butterscotch marshmallow squares or peanut butter marshmallow squares and they’re super popular, no bake recipe. But it’s funny though – because whenever someone sees the recipe they either respond 1 of 2 ways:
- Oh my gosh! My grandma used to make these! They’re soooooo good. Or….
- Those look so weird. Peanut butter, butterscotch & fruity marshmallows? Gross.
I absolutely love them. But if you never grew up with confetti squares, I totally get that the combo of ingredients sounds pretty weird.
So, I decided to make these no bake rocky road squares that I think everyone can agree one. They’re filled chocolate peanut butter goodness, rice krispies for crunchiness and mini marshmallows for gooiness.
Talk about winners.
How to Make No Bake Rocky Road Squares
This recipe is super easy to make. Here’s what’s involved.
- Place butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Melt in the microwave.
- Allow to cool slightly so you don’t melt the marshmallows.
- Then stir in rice krispies and mini marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into a lined pan, and chill in the fridge.
Seriously, the whole thing comes together in no time. You can also add in some chopped peanuts if you prefer, and you can always use crunchy peanut butter or smooth.
Either way, these no bake rocky road bars are such a delicious treat that take almost no time to make.
I like making these over Christmas time because I can easily make a batch while other things are cooking in the oven. Plus, since it only uses one bowl – there’s way less dishes.
So if you love peanut butter and chocolate – these no bake rocky road squares are definitely for you.
If you love these Rocky Road Bars – make sure to try these other no-bake favorites:
- Confetti Squares
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Chocolate Confetti Squares
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
No Bake Rocky Road Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups chocolate chips , milk or semi-sweet
- 1 1/2 cups rice krispies
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan with parchment paper or aluminium foil and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl add the peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring between each until everything is melt.
- Stir until the mixture is evenly mixed together and allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice krispies and marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spread into into the corners of the pan, and chill in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve.