These Christmas M&M cookies are perfect for the holidays. They’re soft, chewy, buttery, and filled with holiday candies and chocolate chips. No chill, super easy, and Santa’s loves them too!
I decided I needed to share at least 1 more cookie recipe before Christmas. And I new it needed to be quick, easy and extra festive. Because when we’re getting this close to Christmas, saving time is always a good idea.
To be totally honest, I also really wanted to buy holiday M&Ms – making these Christmas M&M cookies seemed like the perfect way to justify my purchase.
Tips for Making Christmas M&M Cookies
This holiday cookie recipe is super easy, but here’s a rundown of my tips/advice for perfectly chewy, delicious cookies every time.
- Use a combination of butter and shortening. Butter adds more flavor and shortening makes cookies extra soft. The combination of the 2 makes these cookies sooooo delicious.
- We’re using brown sugar and white sugar. Brown sugar adds chewiness and a delicious caramel flavor, and the white sugar ensures they still have slightly crispy edges.
- JUUUUUUST the right amount of flour. Too much flour = dry cookies. Not enough flour = greasy, thin cookies.
- Before measure the flour, give it a whisk.
- Then spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off the top.
- Or use a scale. 3 cups will weigh 390g.
- If the dough seems too sticky (this can vary depending on altitude, etc) add 2-4 more tablespoons of flour.
- I like to use a cookie scoop to form cookies that are uniform in size. I used a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop and got 42 cookies total.
- For extra large cookies, form the dough into balls about 3 tablespoons in size. Make sure they’re taller than they are wide so the cookies don’t spread too flat.
- For extra thick cookies, form the dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Then pop the dough balls in the fridge for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- After the cookies come out of the oven, place a few strategic M&Ms and chocolate chips on top of each cookie for that bakery-style, “eat-me” look.
- Switch it up by using different flavors of M&Ms – I love the mint chocolate or candy cane ones for Christmas.
These Christmas M&M cookies are seriously all kinds of deliciousness. And if you’re looking for an easy holiday cookie that requires zero chilling, zero decorating, and all-kinds of delicious – then these M&M Christmas cookies are just the thing.
Want more easy holiday cookies?
- Easy Gingerbread Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Christmas M&M Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup holiday M&Ms plus more for on top
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips plus more for on top
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, shortening, white sugar & brown sugar until fluffy. (about 2 minutes).
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Turn off the mixer and add in the flour, baking soda & salt. With the mixer on low speed start to beat everything together, gradually turning up the mixer as the flour gets incorporated.
- Turn off the mixer and stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon in size and place 2 inches apart on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake one sheet at a time on the middle rack for 8-10 minutes or until the tops look just set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and optionally place a few extra chocolate chips and M&Ms on the top of each.