Cream Cheese Pancakes are the thickest, fluffiest pancakes you’ll ever eat. They’re just as easy as making traditional breakfast pancakes but 10X fluffier and just as delicious.
If you’re looking for the fluffiest pancakes around then you need to try these cream cheese pancakes. They’re tender in the center with golden edges, and they’re the perfect pancakes if you’re craving extra thick pancakes to soak up ALL the maple syrup.
When it comes to pancakes – the fluffier the better if you ask me. Last year I shared my recipe for ricotta pancakes that are super delicious and extra fluffy, but I realize that ricotta isn’t an ingredient that everyone has on hand when the pancake craving hits.
So I wanted to create another super fluffy pancake recipe, but one that’s a little bit more straight forward and likely won’t require an extra grocery store trip. Enter – cream cheese pancakes.
Cream Cheese Pancakes
These cream cheese pancakes are everything you could want in a pancake recipe:
- Golden edges
- A mild, delicate flavor with that slight hint of tanginess
- Tender & soft in the middle
- Fluffy times 1,000,000
- Perfect for stacking
- Perfect for adding ALL your favorite pancake toppings
Making these cream cheese pancakes isn’t any more difficult than making normal breakfast pancakes either.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients first: flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Then whisk the cream cheese with a little sugar. Having the cream cheese softened slightly will help with this.
- Then whisk in the egg and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture, followed by the milk.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. The batter will have a slight elasticity to hit and be thick.
- Then pour ¼ cup of batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. After you see a few air bubbles forming, then it’s time to flip.
What I also love about these cream cheese pancakes is that because the batter is thicker – it’s much easier to flip them over without a pancake disaster. Just be careful that your griddle or frying pan isn’t too hot, otherwise, the pancakes can end up burning on the outside but be doughy on the inside.
If you’re wanting the fluffiest pancakes around then these cream cheese pancakes are definitely the thing for you. Golden edges, perfectly stackable, and they soak up ALL the maple syrup because they’re extra thick. Which I definitely think is a very good thing.
For more pancake recipes, try these other favorites:
- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Strawberry Pancakes
- Light & Fluffy Banana Pancakes
Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Then whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, followed by the milk into the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan or electric griddle to low-medium heat. Lightly grease with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto the griddle and cook for 2-4 minutes until you see a few air bubbles beginning to form. Flip, and continue cooking on the other side until golden.