This Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza starts with one BIG peanut butter cookie. Then it’s topped with creamy peanut butter frosting & all your favorite peanut butter candies. It’s the perfect dessert for true peanut butter lovers, and way easier than making a birthday cake. It’s a big peanut butter cookie cake – that’ll be your new favorite.
Warning: this peanut butter cookie pizza is not for those without a serious peanut butter addiction. If you hate chewy peanut butter cookies, peanut butter cups & Reese’s pieces – then this recipe isn’t for you.
But if peanut butter & chocolate are what you dream about – then let’s be best friends. Because this recipe is heaven. (And clearly we have the same priorities).
It’s one GIANT soft & chewy peanut butter cookie that’s topped with fluffy peanut butter frosting. Then it’s decorated with all the peanut butter candies you could ever want and an (optional) chocolate drizzle.
Talk about a winner.
And if you’re thinking of a birthday cake for someone who love’s peanut butter cups – then this one’s for you.
For the pizza crust – it’s one big peanut butter cookie. I like to use brown sugar for more flavor and a chewier texture. Then an extra egg yolk and a little cornstarch make our cookie extra soft.
The peanut butter cookie dough gets rolled out into a big circle on a pizza pan, and we’re ready to bake. The cookie will expand as its in the oven, so just make sure not to roll it out to the very edges. Otherwise it’ll overflow.
Then after the cookie pizza crust is done baking, it’s time for the “sauce”. AKA peanut butter frosting. It’s not too sweet – but instead it’s creamy, fluffy and completely delicious. Then it’s topped with all your favorite treats.
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Butter Finger
The list is endless. Deliciously endless…. For mine I used chopped mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, mini Reese’s Pieces and mini chocolate chips – but let you’re inner peanut butter loving self be your guide.
You can also add a drizzle of melted peanut butter chips or chocolate chips – and then this peanut butter cookie pizza was ready to go. It’s seriously delicious, no fuss, and definitely one of the easiest, over the top desserts I’ve ever made.
And after having a bite, it’s definitely one of my favorites. Because so much peanut butter = so much happiness.
And if you’re in love with peanut butter as much as me, check out these other favorites:
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Peanut Butter Cookie Pizza
Peanut Butter Cookie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter , not natural
- 3/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Peanut Butter Topping
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter , not natural
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbs milk or cream
- peanut butter candies of your choice
Make the Peanut Butter Cookie
- In a large bowl beat together the butter, peanut butter & sugar using an electric mixer.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed slowly beat in the flour, cornstarch & baking soda.
- Form the dough into a large ball, wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a 12 inch round pizza pan with parchment paper.
- With lightly floured hands, press the cookie dough into a round circle on the pizza pan. Do not press the cookie dough to the very edges of the pan - leave a perimeter of about 1/2 to 1 inch.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top looks set.
Make the Frosting and Decorate
- In a medium bowl beat together the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar and milk or cream 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Frost the cooled cookie, then decorate with your favorite peanut butter candies.