This no bake peanut butter cheesecake has an Oreo cookie crust, creamy peanut butter flavor, and Reese’s peanut butter cups. So easy and only 15 minutes to make!
When I was a teenager and started really getting into baking & cooking, I didn’t understand the point of no-bake desserts. What was so wrong with turning on the oven? Or putting in a little extra effort?
Fast forward a few years (I’m using the term loosely here) – and I have a few more things to do on my weekends than lounging on the couch watching reruns on TLC. And I no longer have my sous-chef (aka mother) to help me wash dishes.
So shocker – I now understand and love no-bake recipes. Because sometimes you don’t have an extra hour to sit at home and wait for your cheesecake to finish baking. And sometimes you have a few more things in life to worry about than your cheesecake’s water bath….
So while I still absolutely love making authentic, baked cheesecakes – it’s always good to have a perfect no-bake cheesecake recipe in your arsenal. So today we’re making this No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake. It’s a creamy, peanut butter filled no-bake cheesecake with a crunchy Oreo cookie crust. (Which might actually be my favorite part…)
This easy peanut butter cheesecake recipe only takes about 15 minutes to put everything together. Then it gets chilled in the fridge prior to serving. You can make it the night before or the morning of – then take it out of the fridge when you’re ready to serve.
I’ve also frozen the cheesecake which worked perfectly. Let it de-thaw in the fridge for a few hours before serving and you’re good to go.
Each piece gets topped with more chocolate & peanut butter butter cups – and seriously, it tastes like one big peanut butter cup in cheesecake form.
This no bake chocolate peanut butter cheesecake is probably the easiest, most delicious cheesecake I’ve ever made – so no matter what your baking experience, this one’s for you!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
For the Oreo Crust
- 1 1/2 cup Oreo cookie baking crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
For the Cheesecake Layer
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 20 oz cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter , not natural
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag miniature peanut butter cups
- Lightly spray a 9 inch spring-form pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Then press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared spring-form pan.
- In a large bowl beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar until no lumps remain. Then beat in the whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture over the crust and smooth the top. Cover and chill in the fridge to allow the cheesecake to set for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in short 30 second bursts stirring between each.
- Remove the cake from the fridge. Trace around the outside of the cake with a sharp knife, then unclamp the spring-form pan. Cut into pieces and top each with melted chocolate & peanut butter cups.
Make sure to try out my Baked Peanut Butter Cheesecake Squares too!