A giant, super soft peanut butter cookie for one. Filled with chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces – this single serving cookie is ready in under 20 minutes!
During the winter, my favorite Friday night activity is sitting on the couch and devouring a massive cookie. Yes, I realize it might not be the most sociable thing to do. But when the options are spending money on cab fare and wearing tight jeans vs. comfy pants and cookies… The latter always wins.
So today (in preparation for winter-y weather) I’m sharing with you one of my favorite giant cookie recipes – this MASSIVE Peanut Butter Cookie for One.
It’s a thick, super soft, super chewy, peanut butter cookie that’s filled with chocolate chips and peanut butter candies. Perfect for late night snacking, and when the cookie craving hits.
Now to be honest – I’ve never totally got on board with saying that a dessert is “for one”. Because serving size is negotiable. And whether this cookie is a single serving peanut butter cookie or a peanut butter cookie for two just depends on how much of a piglet I am.
So let’s go through the benefits to making this giant peanut butter cookie for one:
- You don’t have to share (it says so in the name)
- It’s ready from start to finish in under 20 minutes
- Deliciously soft & chewy
- Filled with peanut butter goodness
- Way less prep time & way less effort than making regular peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Every bite is peanut butter cookie heaven. And since it’s ginormous… you get lots of bites.
Now to make the cookie – it’s very straight forward. First we’ll stir together some peanut butter, butter and brown sugar. Then add in one egg yolk and vanilla (be careful not to use the entire egg – JUST the egg yolk). Now if your butter is soft, you can do this process using a spoon or rubber spatula. If it’s not, you’ll want to use an electric mixer for a little more elbow grease.
Then ⅓ cup flour, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, and a little baking soda get stirred in. The cornstarch helps your cookie be extra chewy and soft. Then it’s time for some chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces, and we’re ready to bake.
The dough gets formed into one massive ball, and it’s baked in the preheated oven for about 12-14 minutes. If you’re more charitable than me you could make the dough into 2 cookies instead that’ll bake for about 10-12 minutes.
Either way, just make sure that you don’t flatten out your cookie dough ball too much. I made one cookie and it was about 1.5 to 2 inches thick in the middle prior to baking. That way your cookie stays thick and chewy.
So if you’ve got a craving for cookies, and love Reese’s – this peanut butter deliciousness is the best way to go.
Peanut Butter Cookie for One
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened to room temperature (15 grams)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter , not natural or whipped (30 grams)
- ¼ cup brown sugar , packed (50 grams)
- 1 large egg yolk
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter candies , I used Reese's Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium-sized bowl stir together the butter, peanut butter and sugar. If your butter is very soft, you can do this with a spoon. Otherwise, you can use a hand-held electric mixer. Add in the egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth. Then stir in the flour, cornstarch and baking soda with a spoon, followed by the chocolate chips and peanut butter candies. I like to reserve a few chocolate chips and candies to place on the top of my cookie.
- Form the cookie into a ball about 4 inches in diameter and place a few remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter candies on top. You don't need to flatten the cookie dough ball, as it will spread in the oven. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-14 minutes or until the top of the cookie is set.
Looking for more delicious single serving cookies???
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie for One: It’s your classic chocolate chip cookies in giant cookie form. Soft, chewy & filled with chocolate chips
Giant Double Chocolate Cookie for One: Or if you’re more of a chocolate addict – then this double chocolate cookie is for you!