Fudgy, thick & full of chocolate – a Giant Double Chocolate Cookie for One.
Ok – here’s my disclaimer. To say this cookie is for one person might be stretching the truth. It’s ginormous. It could feed a family of 4.
But if you’re a true chocolate lover, or cookie monster – its for one. Its One GIANT Double Chocolate Cookie. It’s a GIANT Double Chocolate Cookie for One. Its soft, fudgy, thick, stuffed with oozing melted chocolate chips and so perfect for those necessary late night chocolate cravings
Because when the craving hits – I can’t be bothered to make an entire batch of cookies and wait for the dough to chill. And when I want to eat 5 cookies – having them smooshed together into one massive cookie means I actually only ate 1 cookie.
I have so much restraint.
These cookies are based off of my Soft-Batch Double Chocolate Cookies. The recipe makes one giant cookie that is just as soft, thick & pudgy as the original due to lots of butter, a healthy dose of cocoa and lots of chocolate chips.
Only this time there’s no need to chill the dough. So it’s ready for devouring in no time. All together, you can make the dough and bake the cookie in about 20 minutes total.
I recommend pouring yourself a glass of red wine or cold glass of milk and getting ready to devour this double chocolate cookie perfection. Because a chocolate & wine is the perfect way to unwind on a Friday. Or Monday.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl mix together the butter, sugars, egg yolk and vanilla.
Add in the flour, cocoa & baking powder and stir until combined. Then stir in 2 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a large ball, place on the prepared baking tray and stud the top of the cookie with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the top of the cookie looks almost set. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before devouring.