This easy no bake cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and extra delicious. It has all the flavor of a traditional cheesecake – but with way less effort.
Today I’m sharing the perfect recipe for no bake cheesecake. It’s deliciously creamy with a smooth, luxurious texture that never tastes dense or heavy. Better yet – this no bake cheesecake is made without gelatin but it sets perfectly every time.
If truth be told – I was pretty dubious of no bake cheesecake for a very long time. I didn’t think it was possible to get that quintessential cheesecake flavor without the traditional method, water bath and all.
But sometimes, taking a shortcut leads to a very delicious ending. And that’s exactly what this easy no bake cheesecake recipe gives you:
- Super smooth
- Deliciously creamy
- Slightly tangy
- Crunchy graham cracker crust
- Not too sweet, and never dense
How to Make No Bake Cheesecake
To get started, first we make the graham crust.
- Mix together the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased, 9-inch springform pan.
- Place in the freezer as you make the filling.
If you prefer a crust that’s a little more sturdy, you can bake the crust for 8 minutes at 350F degrees. The cheesecake won’t be 100% no bake anymore, but it can make it a little easier for slicing.
Then for the filling. We only need a few simple ingredients, and it comes together in no time. It has a creamy, delicious, slightly tangy, cheesecake flavor. But the texture is a little different than traditional cheesecake since it’s a no bake recipe.
- First beat the whipping cream along with a little powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. You’ll want cream that’s at least 33% MF, but ideally higher if you can find it.
- Then beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the rest of the powdered sugar, along with the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Then gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the mixture over the crust, and pop the cheesecake in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours before serving.
Then when you’re ready to serve, trace around the cake using a sharp think knife. Then unclamp the springform and remove the outer ring. I like to top it with fresh berries. You could also use pie filling, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, or really whatever topping your heart desires.
Now for some no bake cheesecake making tips/questions.
What kind of cream cheese should I use? Make sure to use full-fat, brick style cream cheese for the most flavor, and to ensure your cheesecake is firm enough. You’ll want to make sure it’s at room temperature before making the recipe so that there’s no lumps. So take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before making the cheesecake.
What’s the best way to whip the cream? I recommend placing the bowl and beaters/whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes before whipping the cream. This helps it to stabilize.
Why is there lemon juice in the cheesecake? Adding just a tiny bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice helps to give the cheesecake that delicious tanginess that’s quintessential of cheesecake. Because we’re just adding a very little bit, it doesn’t make the cheesecake taste like lemon.
My cheesecake didn’t set – what went wrong? This could be a few things.
- Not using full-fat, brick-style cream cheese.
- Not using whipping cream with a high enough fat content.
- Either whipping the cream for not long enough or for too long (after stiff peaks form, it can start to deflate if you continue beating).
- Being too rough when you fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Make sure to use a rubber spatula and gently fold it in without mixing aggressively.
If your cheesecake isn’t quite set, you can always place it in the freezer for a bit to help it firm up more too.
Can I use whipped topping – such as Cool Whip – instead of whipped cream? Yup, I just find that whipped cream gives a creamier flavor. If you’re using whipped topping, thaw first. Then measure out 2 1/2 cups and gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture instead of the whipped cream.
More No Bake Cheesecake Recipes to Love
This easy no bake cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and extra delicious. It has all the flavor of a traditional cheesecake - but with way less effort.
- 1 1/2 cups graham crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream* , measured before whipping
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 24 oz cream cheese** , full-fat brick style
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Lightly grease the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
In a medium bowl stir together the graham crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
Press into the bottom of the springform pan, creating a small lip around the edges.
Place in the freezer as you make the filling.***
Whip the whipping cream and 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
In a separate, large bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
Mix in the powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture using a rubber spatula.
Spoon over top of the crust, and smooth the top. Place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours.
When ready to serve trace around the outside of the cheesecake using a sharp, think knife. Then unclamp the springform.
Cut into slices and serve with fresh berries or your favorite topping. Store leftovers in the fridge.
*Use whipping cream with the highest % MF that you can find. Make sure it's at least 33% MF, but ideally higher.
**Cream cheese should be softened to room temperature before getting started.
***Optionally, you can bake the crust in a preheated oven at 350F degrees for 8 minutes.