These no bake cherry cheesecake bars are the perfect summertime dessert. Made with only a few simple ingredients, they take less than 15 minutes to make. With a crunchy graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake filling & sweet cherry topping – they’ll be the hit of your next bbq or potluck.I love cheesecake. And there’s absolutely nothing better than quick and easy cheesecake bars. Especially when they’re no bake cheesecake bars with cherry topping.
Because when the weather turns hot – do you really want to turn on the oven????
How to Make No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars
These cherry cheesecake bars start with a crunchy graham cracker crust. It’s made with:
- graham crumbs
- melted butter
- and a little sugar.
The mixture is stirred together and then pressed into the bottom of your pan.
Then the cheesecake layer is made by beating together some cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract & a little lemon juice (this helps with that classic cheesecake taste). And then whipped cream is folded in.
The whole thing then gets chilled in the fridge to let the cheesecake set. You can also speed up this process by putting it in the freezer too.
You’ll notice that the texture of these no bake cherry cheesecake bars is a little different than your traditional baked cheesecake, but you’ll still absolutely love it. It’s creamy, smooth & luxurious (all the qualities that matter), but just not quite as dense.
Now, here’s some common questions I get asked about these cheesecake bars.
- Can I use whipped topping instead of whipped cream? Yes, absolutely. Measure out 1 1/2 cups, skip step 3 of the recipe, and fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture in step 5.
- Can I use light cream cheese? I don’t recommend it. I find using light cream cheese makes it hard for the bars to set.
- Can I double the recipe? Absolutely. Simply double everything and make it in a 9×13 inch pan instead.
Then after the cheesecake bars have set in the fridge, it’s time to serve. We topped them with cherry pie filling for the ultimate treat. But you could also make these as no bake strawberry cheesecake bars by topping them with strawberry sauce or no bake blueberry cheesecake bars by topping them with my favorite blueberry compote.
Either option is totally delicious.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy cheesecake recipe, or the perfect recipe for summer – these no bake cherry cheesecake bars are definitely for you!
And if you love cheesecake, make sure to try these other favorites:
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- No Bake Mini Egg Chocolate Cheesecake
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 16 oz brick-style cream cheese , very soft but not melted
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 jar cherry pie filling
- Line an 8x8 (or 9x9) inch square pan with aluminium foil leaving an overhang on each side. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together the graham crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar & melted butter. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat the heavy cream until peaks form.
- In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract & lemon juice until smooth.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream using a rubber spatula until the mixture is an even consistency.
- Spoon overtop of the prepared crust and smooth the top. Chill in the fridge for 4 hours, or in the freezer for 2 hours.
- To serve, lift the aluminium foil out of the pan and cut into 12 bars. Top with cherry pie filling.