This no bake chocolate pie is rich, fudgy, and seriously delicious. The crust is no bake and made with Oreo cookies. Then the filling is a chocolate ganache that’s silky smooth. Top it off with whipped cream and berries for the perfect dark chocolate treat.
If you’re looking for a chocolate pie recipe that’s rich, decadent, and for true chocolate lovers only – then this no bake chocolate pie is for you. It’s like biting into a piece of silky, smooth, extra creamy chocolate fudge. And tastes gourmet – even though it’s crazy simple to make.
No Bake Chocolate Pie Recipe
For this chocolate cream pie recipe, you only need a few simple ingredients.
- Oreo Cookies. You’ll use the wafers and filling.
- Butter – it’ll go in the curst and in the pie filling. Make sure to use real butter because the filling won’t set properly if you use margarine.
- Dark chocolate – I typically use 70% cocoa, but anywhere between 50%-80% works. The higher the percentage you use, the richer the pie will be.
- Milk chocolate.
- Corn syrup. By using just a little corn syrup makes the pie extra smooth and gives a glossy finish.
- Heavy cream. You’ll want about 33-35% MF.
To make the crust, first crush the cookies. You can either do this in a food processor or blender. Or place the cookies in a Ziploc bag and bash them with a rolling pin. Then mix the cookies with 6 tablespoons of melted butter and press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Pop the crust in the freezer as you make the filling.
For the filling, chop the chocolate and place it in a large heatproof bowl along with the butter and corn syrup. Then add the cream to a saucepan and bring it to a simmer. Once it starts to gently simmer, remove it from the heat and pour the cream over the chocolate and butter.
Cover the bowl with clingfilm and let it stand for 3 minutes. Then whisk the mixture together until it becomes smooth and no longer looks milky.
Carefully pour the chocolate into the pie crust, and place it in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight to firm up.
Tips for Making This No Bake Chocolate Pie
- Make sure to use quality chocolate. Because the dark chocolate provides most of the flavor – it’s important to use one that doesn’t taste waxy or overly sweet. I typically use Callebaut or Lindt chocolate bars.
- Do not use chocolate chips. Chocolate chips are made with stabilizers to prevent them from melting – therefore your pie can become lumpy instead of smooth.
- If you find that everything isn’t quite melting together properly, reheat the mixture using a double boiler. Place the bowl over top of a saucepan with 1/2 inch of simmering water, and gently whisk as the mixture melts. Just make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water.
- This pie freezes well. You can store it in the fridge for 5 days, or in the freezer for about a month. Then thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the pie with a sharp knife. I recommend dipping the knife into a cup of hot water then drying it off before cutting into the pie. This helps to slightly melt the filling for a smoother cut.
- If the pie has been in the fridge overnight or for longer, take it out about 20 minutes before before serving for easier slicing.
I like to top each slice with whipped cream and fresh berries. But it’s also delicious plain, or with a drizzle of salted caramel and a little sea salt. It makes for a beautiful dinner party dessert, and is seriously delicious.
So if you love desserts that are:
- Filled with chocolate
- Taste gourmet
- Super easy to make
- And not for the chocolate faint of heart
Then this no bake chocolate pie is definitely for you!
No Bake Chocolate Pie
- 25 Oreo cookies , wafers and filling
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 10 oz dark chocolate , 50-80%
- 6 oz milk chocolate
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , in 6 pieces
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Crush the Oreos in a food processor, or place them in a Ziploc bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Place in the freezer as you make the filling.
- Chop the chocolate and place in a large heat-proof bowl along with the butter and corn syrup.
- Bring the cream to a gentle simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Once the cream gently starts to boil, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate.
- Cover the bowl and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Whisk everything together until it's glossy and no longer looks milky.
- Pour into the prepared crust and place the pie in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries.
For more easy pie recipes, make sure to try: