No bake peanut butter pie is extra rich, super creamy, and so easy to make. Oreo crust, peanut butter filling, and topped with peanut butter candies and whipped cream. A peanut butter lover’s dream!
This no bake peanut butter pie just might be the ultimate dessert if you love peanut butter cups. The peanut butter filling is creamy, rich, decadent, and basically peanut butter to the max. Then the crust is made with crushed Oreo cookies. Because… why not?
The other day I asked on Instagram if you’d rather see a peanut butter pie recipe, or a French silk pie recipe. I couldn’t decide which recipe to make , and it turns out the poll wasn’t too much help because the results were ridiculously close. So, I promise to share both recipes here on the blog. First up – no bake peanut butter pie.
To be honest, I tend to shy away from making pies because the crust always seems like so much work. Plus – I feel like every grandma has the pie game aced. So I’m happy to bring something else to the table (literally and metaphorically).
But this no bake peanut butter requires no fancy pie making skills. You only need a few ingredients, it comes together in about 20 minutes, and you don’t even need to turn on the oven.
Ok – let’s talk specifics.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Ok – here’s the rundown for today’s recipe.
First, we make the Oreo cookie crust:
- Crush the Oreo cookies (wafers and filling). You can do this in a food processor or blender for less mess. Or place the cookies in a ziploc bag and bash them with a rolling pin. If using a rolling pin just be sure to crush the cookies quite finely.
- Mix the cookies with the melted butter.
- Then press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch round pie plate. Try to press it down fairly tightly so that the crust sticks together, but it doesn’t need to be jam packed per se.
- Pop it in the fridge to harden as you make the filling.
If you prefer an extra firm crust, you can bake it in the oven (crust only) for 8 minutes at 350F degrees instead of popping it in the fridge. I personally don’t really find it necessary, but totally up to you.
If you want to save some time, you can also use a pre-bought Oreo pie crust or chocolate graham wafer pie crust.
Then the peanut butter filling is super simple. You’ll only need 4 ingredients, and it takes about 10 minutes tops:
- Beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Then in a separate bowl beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Make sure it’s super smooth and creamy – no one wants lumps in their peanut butter pie.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. We fold it in to keep the texture extra fluffy.
- Spread the filling over top of the pie crust.
- And place it in the fridge to chill.
When you’re ready to serve, you can top it with whipped cream, peanut butter cups, fudge sauce, or really whatever chocolate peanut butter goodness you prefer.
Now for a couple of questions:
- Can I use an 8 inch pie plate for this peanut butter pie? Yes – but you may have a little extra filling leftover that won’t quite fit in the crust. Delicious taste test perhaps???
- Can I use whipped topping like Cool Whip instead? Absolutely. Let it thaw first, then measure out 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping. You’ll fold it into the peanut butter mixture just like you would the whipped cream.
- What kind of peanut butter should I use? I recommend using regular old Skip, Kraft or Jiffy peanut butter. I don’t recommend using natural peanut butter because it it can end up separating and make your pie too oily. Then it won’t hold together. You can use crunchy peanut butter if you like, but I personally prefer the super smooth texture of smooth peanut butter in this recipe.
So if you want the creamiest, dreamiest, most delicious no bake peanut butter pie around – you’ll LOVE this recipe.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter , melted
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 up heavy cream , 33-35% MF
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup peanut butter*
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- peanut butter candies
- Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor. Or place in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Mix together the crushed cookies and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place in the fridge as you make the filling.
Peanut Butter Filling
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form - set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gently fold in the heavy cream until the mixture is even.
- Spoon over the Oreo crust and spread the top smooth.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 60 minutes, or longer.
- To serve decorate with whipped cream and peanut butter candies or Oreo cookies.