This peanut butter banana bread is a super moist banana bread infused with delicious peanut butter. Then it’s filled with peanut butter chips & chocolate chips. Super easy, one bowl & no mixer – it’s the perfect chunky monkey recipe.
Last week I bought about 1 million different peanut butter treats before making this peanut butter cookie pizza. Peanut butter cups, Reese’s Pieces, peanuts, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips….
Needless to say, I was a little overzealous. And by no means needed that many toppings for just one cookie pizza. So my cupboard was full of candy instead of anything that resembles health food.
So to save myself from eating bags of peanut butter treats in bed on a Friday night, I decided to turn the peanut butter chips into this Peanut Butter Banana Bread.
Because for whatever reason, eating peanut butter chips & chocolate chips baked into a delicious banana bread seems way less desperate and embarrassing.
And it’s delicious.
It’s super moist; has that perfectly dense, slightly springy banana bread texture; a ridiculously delicious peanut butter banana flavor; and is packed with peanut butter chips & chocolate chips.
You love that the recipe only uses one bowl and there’s no mixer involved.
To get started we’ll mix together oil, peanut butter, sugars, vanilla & eggs. Then we’ll stir in the mashed bananas (make sure to use very brown ones here), and finally fold in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
Then it’s time to bake. It’ll take about 45-55 minutes – but if you notice the top is starting to brown too much, you can tent a piece of aluminium foil over top about 35 minutes in.
It’s packed with flavor, so moist, and the perfect banana bread if chocolate and peanut butter are your calling. Seriously, you’re going to love it.
Love this Peanut Butter Banana Bread? Check out these favorites too!
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Classic Banana Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas , about 2-3
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease & flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the oil, peanut butter, sugar, eggs & vanilla.
- Stir in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Followed by the peanut butter & chocolate chips. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. If the top of the loaf starts to brown too much, tent a piece of aluminium foil and place over top around 40 minutes.