Peanut butter + pancakes. Perfect with chocolate sauce, jam, maple syrup or drizzled with more peanut butter – you won’t believe these Peanut Butter Pancakes are also secretly healthy!
I love peanut butter. And peanut butter at breakfast time? Let’s just say it’s a serious, long-term relationship for me. I’ve had peanut butter on toast every morning for years. Yes – I’ve switched it up a few times changing between peanut butter and honey, then peanut butter and jam – but peanut butter is a constant in my breakfast routine.
So, when I got the idea to add the key ingredient of my weekday breakfast to one of my favorite weekend breakfasts – I knew the result would be perfection. Hello Peanut Butter Pancakes!!!!!!
Now – you’re going to love these tasty pancakes. They have a perfect peanut butter flavor – but you definitely feel like you’re eating pancakes. Fluffy, breakfast pancakes that taste like weekends and make you feel about 5 years old.
So – now for the surprise!!! These pancakes are gluten free, dairy free & have extra protein. They use oats instead of flour (make sure your oats are truly gluten free if you’re following a strict gluten-free diet), almond milk instead of dairy, and the peanut butter adds an extra kick of protein so you’ll be a weekend warrior. So really – since you’re being so healthy you don’t need to reserve these pancakes for Saturdays!!!
If you a true peanut butter lover, you can melt a little peanut butter in your microwave and drizzle it on top to serve. Or you could spread some jam on them. Maybe pour on some maple syrup for a more classic pancake presentation. I also love these with banana slices when I’m wanting a few less calories. Or for a more decadent breakfast??? CHOCOLATE SAUCE!
However you decide to serve them – you’re going to love the peanut butter taste, fluffy pancake texture and secret health kick. Breakfast mission achieved.
Peanut Butter Pancakes
- 1 cup oats or oat flour
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- non-stick cooking spray or oil for greasing
- If using oats, place oats in a food processor or blender and pulse until they're a fine powder. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until spoon. Or if using oat flour, add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat an electric griddle to 350F or a large frying pan to medium heat. Grease the griddle lightly with nonstick cooking spray or oil. Pour about ¼ cup batter onto the griddle or skillet. Allow each pancake to cook on the first side for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form, then flip and continue cooking on the other side for about 2-3 minutes until both sides are golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used.
Laura | The Kiwi Country Girl
Hi Fiona, I’ve just come your way from FBP…these pancakes look AMAZING!! I love me some peanut butter 🙂
Thanks so much Laura! Let the peanut butter lovers unite!
Just made these for breakfast & I think they’re my new favorite. So easy & I love the peanut butter flavor. I had them with strawberry jam and they were delicious