Chocolate, pancakes & cookies – oh my! Here’s the Top Recipes of 2016 on Just So Tasty!
Can you believe it’s already the end of the year? I’m not sure if I should be in denial or rejoicing – but either way – I can’t stop the clock and 2017 will be here in no time. AKA 2 days.
All in all 2016 was
pretty mundane for me. I can’t remember anything that happened. Mainly, I ate a lot of chocolate, spent a lot of time in sweatpants, and practised standing on my head in yoga. (Different perspectives, right?). I also visited Montreal, Seattle & Banff. And started learning golf…. it’s good for my patience.
It was also the first full calendar year of Just So Tasty. I got to learn more about you, and rejoiced in every single visitor. So thank you for being part of my kitchen adventures.
We made a lot of delicious treats together, and in 2017 you can look forward to:
- More yeast baking
- Candy making
- Pie creating
- Chocolate tasting
- And more easy, one-bowl recipes (they seem to be everyone’s favorite)
I’m especially excited to perfect my pie skills and make sticky buns.
So without further ado, here’s the list of the top 10 recipes from 2016 on Just So Tasty. Let’s look back and reminisce/drool.
10. Chocolate Chip PancakesI love chocolate first thing in the morning, so these Chocolate Chip Pancakes are the perfect weekend comfort food in my book. Super fluffy – the mini chocolate chips are key for getting the best ratio of chocolate to fluffy pancake.
9. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip BreadSpeaking of chocolate chips – this easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread is super moist, made in one bowl, and packed with peanut butter flavor.
8. Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk BlondiesI first made these blondies around Valentine’s, and was instantly in love with the big chunks of melted dark chocolate and extra flavor from browning the butter. If you’re craving brownies, but want something a little different, then these are the perfect option. Again – one bowl and no mixer!
7. Old Fashioned Cake DoughnutsI’ve made a lot of baked doughnuts, but these old fashioned cake doughnuts were the first deep fried doughnuts on Just So Tasty. The buttermilk and nutmeg are the secret to delicious cake doughnuts just like grandma makes.
6. Raspberry Coffee CakeThis coffee cake skyrocketed in popularity right around Mother’s Day – and for good reason. It’s a super moist cake, with a layer of fresh raspberries, crunchy streusel topping and vanilla glaze. Plus cake for breakfast is always a good idea.
5. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip CookiesThese cookies were the first foray into the realm of red velvet on Just So Tasty. And clearly the hint of cocoa, pretty color and melty white chocolate chips were a hit. They’re perfectly festive for Christmas and Valentine’s Day too!
4. Pumpkin Spice CookiesThis fall favorite was so popular that it cracked the top 5 new recipes for the entire year. They’re like super soft and chewy snickerdoodles infused with pumpkin goodness.
3. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesThese ginormous, super soft and chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are filled with texture. The cinnamon and vanilla are key for oatmeal cookie domination.
2. Blueberry Crumble BarsThis year’s runner up are these super easy Blueberry Crumble Bars that were posted last spring. They have a buttery shortbread crust, layer of juicy blueberries and crumble topping. Plus – the base doubles as the crumble topping.
1. The Best French Toast
And for the #1 recipe of 2016? French Toast! It’s easy. It’s comfort food. And it’s 100% delicious. I shared all my secrets for fluffy, buttery French toast with golden edges and a delicious hint of cinnamon.
What were your top recipes of 2016??? Some of my favorites include:
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
- Toffee Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream Cheese Brownies
(clearly – I’m all about the chocolate…..)
Interested to try the peanut butter chocolate chip bread. Looks delicious.